Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

dang that's sexy. keep it out of your dogs reach!!! that'd suck to see it chewed up after so many days of waiting.

that looks really good. ugh i wanna get one!

~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~

Posted

dang that's sexy. keep it out of your dogs reach!!! that'd suck to see it chewed up after so many days of waiting.

that looks really good. ugh i wanna get one!

Haha, I dunno if Bojo could even hurt this thing if he tried... and that's saying something!

sick! cant wait to see it go in with that battery

I'm honestly really excited to see how it does on 500 watts. I wanna see how it compares to the Type R at 1000 watts.

So, I got home from work tonight and pulled the Type R and my box and took a few comparison shots.

P1150998_zpse24e3620.jpg

P1150999_zps6867ad6c.jpg

P1160001_zps38f5d107.jpg

And then I worked on installing the threaded inserts. It was kinda scary drilling into my box again, but it turned out well!

P1160003_zpsfa6c007f.jpg

The dustcap and the port match pretty well too!

P1160004_zpse97562fb.jpg

Threaded inserts installed with CA glue.

P1160005_zps9b7114a2.jpg

P1160007_zpsa4b3c5c7.jpg

Then it was time to get the speaker wire ready for the inside of the box. The Knu 8 gauge was actually too thick to fit into the terminals on the sub, so I had to trim it down a bit. At least I know I'll be getting maximum current flow!

P1160010_zps229a28e3.jpg

Ready to go!

P1160012_zps0f94ec21.jpg

I'm gonna let the glue dry overnight, and then it's all goin back in my truck in the morning!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

Nice sub there man, should definitely be a huge improvement from the Type R :D

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Posted

i feel like Alpine tries to dress up the basket and motor and all just to look fancy, while the fi is just like raw performance.....

just seems like type-R is the ricer or nicer subs if you get what i mean.

~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~

Posted

Got it all set up today!

8 gauge put inside the box

P1160014_zps49af848e.jpg

I used a pretty good amount of it, but it makes it easier to get the sub wired up before putting it in the box.

P1160015_zpsba837d6a.jpg

And apparently I got a drop of CA glue on my box... I might just color it with Sharpie

P1160016_zps853a9bf5.jpg

And there she is!

P1160018_zpsd5e65f0e.jpg

It sounds amazing! It's wired right around 2.8 ohms (dual 1.4 ohm coils), so it's probably seein around 700 watts from the amp. The highs aren't quite as loud as the Type R, but it DOMINATES the lows! I seriously can't wait to see what this thing does on 2000 watts!

I might be able to get a video up on Monday, for those interested.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

Looks really good man, cant wait to see a video.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Posted

Looks really good man, cant wait to see a video.

Thanks! I could seriously just sit in my truck all day and stare at it. It looks so much more at home in that box than the Type R did.

I really hope the video will turn out well. It's amazing how much this thing loves to dig down into those really low notes, and I'm definitely gonna be getting some nice flex once I get the D2700 charged and installed!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2245 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...