Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

is that steph's tt? and i need to get my head in this week to get the valves checked :P

It is Steph's! That was when her, me and Kyle went to Tahuya. You should get your bike back togther and then we go riding while you're home!!

kody's making it a demand that my bike is running when i come home lol so im shooting for it. plus i miss riding!

~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~

Posted

TIme for a new box! I'm still kind of in the designing phase of the box, but I'm hoping to have that done by tonight or tomorrow. The one thing that was kind of holding me back from actually starting the new box build is that being in Washington, it's drizzly every day. I didn't want to drive all the way to Home Depot, get a sheet of MDF, and have it be soaking wet by the time I got home, so...

...I took my parents Suburban! It was just barely big enough to fit the entire sheet of wood in there.

P1160452.jpg

I also wanted to be able to get all the cuts done away from the weather, so I came home from Home Depot with this!

P1160453.jpg

And then I cleaned my garage (still looks like a complete mess! Haha), and set up a little cutting station.

P1160454.jpg

I was thinking of clamping a level to the wood, and then just use that as a cutting guide for the jigsaw, but after playing around with it for a few minutes, I actually found it easier to draw a line and then follow it. The cuts weren't perfectly straight, but they were pretty close. I can always sand down any imperfections and then make sure to seal the box really well. I'm also gonna be using any left over mdf to make my amp rack for under the back seat!

Also, my Crescendo C1100.4 should be here on Tuesday!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

Going to have some loud mids and highs!

As long as they sound better than the stock ones, they'll be good! The amp also comes with a remote gain knob, so if they're too loud, I can just turn them down.

damn dats a bad ass garage! nicely done looking forward for dem mids to arrive

Haha thanks! And I haven't actually ordered the mids and highs yet. I'm hoping to do that sometime soon though, while they're still on sale.

And I think I have my new box design!

Torres

Box2v3Torres.png

Port out the driver's side

Box2v3FrontSide.png

Box2v3Notop.png

I'm not really sure when I'll get around to cutting the wood. My last day of class for the quarter is on Tuesday though, so it should get done in the near future!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

Just got a 2000 dakota :)

Gonna be following your build just because lol

I plan on doing a wall tho

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Posted

Just got a 2000 dakota :)

Gonna be following your build just because lol

I plan on doing a wall tho

Well then I'll definitely be following your build, too! There aren't enough Dakotas on here!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

Just got a 2000 dakota :)

Gonna be following your build just because lol

I plan on doing a wall tho

Well then I'll definitely be following your build, too! There aren't enough Dakotas on here!

hah yeah before i decided to get it i wanted to see what people have done... i only found yours and another one from like 6 months ago

its not gonna be anything SUPER huge just 2 18s on about 5k for now :D

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Posted

every thought about kerfing the two coners where the port bents? then you wouldn't have to cut off that outside edge and it'd look sweet and sound better.

~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~

Posted

Just got a 2000 dakota :)

Gonna be following your build just because lol

I plan on doing a wall tho

Well then I'll definitely be following your build, too! There aren't enough Dakotas on here!

hah yeah before i decided to get it i wanted to see what people have done... i only found yours and another one from like 6 months ago

its not gonna be anything SUPER huge just 2 18s on about 5k for now :D

still more then 15X the power im running :(

~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4611 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...