ThreehundredC Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 whats in the pink area next to the amps maybe you could put all that on top of each other and stand the box next to it..might have to go shorter and fatter box
Omega5002 Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 whats in the pink area next to the amps maybe you could put all that on top of each other and stand the box next to it..might have to go shorter and fatter box It's an XS Power D2700 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
REVOofRustler Posted February 8, 2013 Author Report Posted February 8, 2013 whats in the pink area next to the amps maybe you could put all that on top of each other and stand the box next to it..might have to go shorter and fatter box I actually thought about that a bit. The problem is that I'd like to keep the top flat so that I can play around with different boxes, and eventually have a box for 2 12's across the entire seat. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
bcbrassard Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 Hey Nice build. Takes a long time to put it all together and then your never really done cause theres always some upgrade to do. I bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer and knew i was going to put a all RF systm in cause i am a fanatic. And had planned on over kill from the start for mor head room down the line. The car came with a Pioneer deh1300mp HU that run like $69 and i knew from the start that would get upgraded but planned on doing it last. So since the HU had 4 channel high level output and 2 RCSa i decided to start with a complete interior gutting to run wires and everything. I started under the hood by removing factory battery mount to house a Blu Top Optima w/ quad postd so i could hook up factory harness to the 3/8th posts which left me with the larger lead post to work with. I installeds Stinger 3 way post mounts on pos & neg for runing the Big 3 Upgrade Plus i had 2 run of 0 AWG going to batteries in the trunk. One a Kenetic HC 11800 for sub amp with Stinger Digital volts reader, and the other Battery was a Kenetic HC 600 for mids & highs amps. Off the stock altenator the Volts read 15.3 and drop to 14.1 when hitting hard so i have been very pleased with that. So since i had a shit HU i utilized the 4 High level output and hooked them up to my LC7 linedriver and now i have 8 rcs outs, again always more head room. The LC7 mount under passenger seat, a RF T400-4 under driver seat. I made a custom sub enclosure to house a 2012 T1D212" RF sub, box is 2.98 cu ft with a 4" precission port on either side of sub tuned to 34 hz. The sub is firing toward back of trunk so that the other side behind the rear seats is my amp rack where i have mounted another T400-4 and a Power bd1000a1 old school RF amp pushing 500 watts in 4 ohms because its no a 1 ohm stable amp & plan on upgrading to a T1500 this summer. My front doors house T265 comps in the factory location with Tweeter mounted up high. All being run off the T400-4 under driver seat. The rear deck houses T1652 in factory location being run off 2 of the 4 channels from the other T400-4. All wiring and fuse and distribution boxes are RF and I too wired sub box & amp with 8 AWG wire. i spent all summer buying what i needed of amazon and just finished it 6 weeks ago, and as it may be loud its no where what i was wanting so since i bought the Pioneer DEH-80PRS i plan to active set up, fiber glass front doors for 2 sets of T265, fiber glass rear doors for a set of T265comp and make some kicker panels to house some RF P38s to be brided off the T400-4 and i will install the RF PBR 300x4 to run rear doors. Then i will have a really loud SQ ride in a nice sporty little car.
REVOofRustler Posted February 8, 2013 Author Report Posted February 8, 2013 Hey Nice build. Takes a long time to put it all together and then your never really done cause theres always some upgrade to do. I bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer and knew i was going to put a all RF systm in cause i am a fanatic. And had planned on over kill from the start for mor head room down the line. The car came with a Pioneer deh1300mp HU that run like $69 and i knew from the start that would get upgraded but planned on doing it last. So since the HU had 4 channel high level output and 2 RCSa i decided to start with a complete interior gutting to run wires and everything. I started under the hood by removing factory battery mount to house a Blu Top Optima w/ quad postd so i could hook up factory harness to the 3/8th posts which left me with the larger lead post to work with. I installeds Stinger 3 way post mounts on pos & neg for runing the Big 3 Upgrade Plus i had 2 run of 0 AWG going to batteries in the trunk. One a Kenetic HC 11800 for sub amp with Stinger Digital volts reader, and the other Battery was a Kenetic HC 600 for mids & highs amps. Off the stock altenator the Volts read 15.3 and drop to 14.1 when hitting hard so i have been very pleased with that. So since i had a shit HU i utilized the 4 High level output and hooked them up to my LC7 linedriver and now i have 8 rcs outs, again always more head room. The LC7 mount under passenger seat, a RF T400-4 under driver seat. I made a custom sub enclosure to house a 2012 T1D212" RF sub, box is 2.98 cu ft with a 4" precission port on either side of sub tuned to 34 hz. The sub is firing toward back of trunk so that the other side behind the rear seats is my amp rack where i have mounted another T400-4 and a Power bd1000a1 old school RF amp pushing 500 watts in 4 ohms because its no a 1 ohm stable amp & plan on upgrading to a T1500 this summer. My front doors house T265 comps in the factory location with Tweeter mounted up high. All being run off the T400-4 under driver seat. The rear deck houses T1652 in factory location being run off 2 of the 4 channels from the other T400-4. All wiring and fuse and distribution boxes are RF and I too wired sub box & amp with 8 AWG wire. i spent all summer buying what i needed of amazon and just finished it 6 weeks ago, and as it may be loud its no where what i was wanting so since i bought the Pioneer DEH-80PRS i plan to active set up, fiber glass front doors for 2 sets of T265, fiber glass rear doors for a set of T265comp and make some kicker panels to house some RF P38s to be brided off the T400-4 and i will install the RF PBR 300x4 to run rear doors. Then i will have a really loud SQ ride in a nice sporty little car. Thanks man! It sounds like you've got a pretty nice system yourself! You're gonna love that 80prs. I've finally been able to put nearly all the settings to use, and it sounds awesome! And I definitely feel you on it never really being finished. I've already got some plans for my next upgrade which will hopefully be happening around December. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted February 10, 2013 Author Report Posted February 10, 2013 I got the false floor for the amp rack started! I cut this piece out a few days ago using some leftover mdf from my box. This is the piece that the rest of the amp rack will be built on. I've been practicing straight cuts with the jigsaw This thing would be a lot easier to build if the floor of the truck was flat... Very very rough mock up of what it'll look like And then these will be used to help "even out" the floor of the truck. Thankfully all the different "levels" in the back of my truck go in increments of .75 or 1.5 inches. Doubled them up and glued them together Anyways, I'm out of wood for now so I'll need to pick up another sheet before I can get this thing finished. I ordered some black carpet today, and I'm hoping I'll be able to make it look a bit nicer with that. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted February 10, 2013 Author Report Posted February 10, 2013 And then here's what I'm thinking of for the carpet. The carpet in my truck is black, so I'm hoping it blends well. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Twostrokeking Posted February 10, 2013 Report Posted February 10, 2013 Gonna be bad ass ! My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
REVOofRustler Posted February 11, 2013 Author Report Posted February 11, 2013 I got the false floor finished up today. Here are the pieces to level out the floor And then here's a little mockup And then I used these 6mm threaded rods to keep everything secured I made a channel for this sealant stuff... And then these get secured to the threaded rods. I'm going to be screwing the amp rack onto these pieces. And then I had a little more fun in Sketchup... With the amps slid out I'll probably try to go get some more wood on Wednesday, and hopefully I'll be able to have it ready for paint and carpet by the weekend. My work schedule is pretty busy this week though, so that might not happen. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted February 17, 2013 Author Report Posted February 17, 2013 Well I've finally made some decent progress on this thing! My goal for now is to have it all done and painted and carpeted by Friday night. There's a little meet I'm gonna be going to on Saturday, and I really want to have my truck put together (plus I hate driving around without any bass...). I'm also going to be painting my box while I paint the amp rack. So here's the progress that I've made today. All the sliders are on! This is the shelf that the C1100.4 will be going on As seen here... This is with the sliders extended all the way. The amp will hit my center console before they're able to go out this far though. This is far as I really need it to go out so that I can adjust the gain and crossovers. And then I played around with the D2700 I'm glad KnuKonceptz stuff is flexible! And then I got this end clamped in and glued. I had to change a few little things so that it would all fit better, so tomorrow I need to cut out a new shelf piece for the BC2000D, otherwise I'd have that one on tonight as well. After that I just have a few more pieces to cut and glue on. After that, it'll be ready to stick in the truck so that I can make the beauty panel for the front, as well as the top piece. I wanna make sure I leave as few gaps around it as possible. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.