SnowDrifter Posted February 26, 2013 Report Posted February 26, 2013 This build is really turning out nice. Sounds AWESOME too!! ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
REVOofRustler Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 This build is really turning out nice. Sounds AWESOME too!! Considering you're pretty much the one that really got me into the world of high end car audio, it really means a lot! Thanks! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
scooter99 Posted February 27, 2013 Report Posted February 27, 2013 Have you tried sliding the box toward the driver side more yet like Cody suggested? Get that port closer to the side, I think he said 8-10" and see what that does for you. it looks and turned out great man! Really clean! Very well done! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
mrd6 Posted February 27, 2013 Report Posted February 27, 2013 I got to see and hear this at a little meet we had last weekend and I have to say it looked and sounded suuuper clean! Great job, wish I had spent a little more time looking this over, never even noticed the amps could pull out like that until I went through your build log, quality work! My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
REVOofRustler Posted March 5, 2013 Author Report Posted March 5, 2013 Have you tried sliding the box toward the driver side more yet like Cody suggested? Get that port closer to the side, I think he said 8-10" and see what that does for you. it looks and turned out great man! Really clean! Very well done! I actually ended up not being able to get my truck on the Termlab due to having to go to work earlier than expected, but it will happen sooner or later! Thanks for the compliments man! I got to see and hear this at a little meet we had last weekend and I have to say it looked and sounded suuuper clean! Great job, wish I had spent a little more time looking this over, never even noticed the amps could pull out like that until I went through your build log, quality work! Thanks! That was a fun little meet for sure. I'm looking forward to the one on the 30th! Soooo I'm still waiting on my Mezzo components. I've heard that they're shipping out the FT-1s and PWXs, but that's all I've heard so far. I'm hoping they'll at least ship out this week. Also, Revoracing247 gave me an idea on something I can do with my Type R that I have laying around. The way my truck is currently set up, there's barely enough room for one person in the back of my truck right now. So I'm going to build a center console box for my Type R that goes in the back seat. That way, when I go dirtbiking or something, I can take out the box with the Fi and stick in the console box. I'll be able to have a person back there as well as still have room for all of our gear and what not. I'm going on a ride in a couple weeks, and I'm gonna see if I can crank this thing out in that time. I'm not planning on making it look pretty, because I really won't be using it that much. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
SupremeSipes Posted March 5, 2013 Report Posted March 5, 2013 You should do like 2 12s in a custom volcano style box that takes up the space above the amp/battery rack . Thatd be pretty cool and fill the space better tooo 2006 Chrysler 300 touring. 3 arc audio, arc series d4 12s hifonics brz 1200.1 for subs hifonics brz 600.4 for 6x9s ALL WAITTING FOR INSTALLION ! looking into coilovers or universal air ride 20 inch wheels, 5% tint on all windows 50% tint on windshield debaged rear trunk lid, wings and 300 logo demolded side stripping, black mesh grill, no ubl, not enough cool shit ! once the car is paid off and its mine... gen 2 viper swap, manual trans, going to get viper logos for the rear trunk and mold a viper diamond logo into the wings logo ! only 4 more years of payments and saving.....
REVOofRustler Posted March 6, 2013 Author Report Posted March 6, 2013 You should do like 2 12s in a custom volcano style box that takes up the space above the amp/battery rack . Thatd be pretty cool and fill the space better tooo I'm actually planning on adding another 12 sometime before next year (most likely at the end of this year). In order to get a good amount of airspace for each sub though, I'm gonna need to just make a rectangular box. Thanks for the input though! I went and looked in my truck a little, and I'm not so sure a center console box would work too well. There's really not a ton of space for one. Another option I'm considering is to buy an SA-8 V.2 from the Sundown yard sale. I'm undecided right now on if I really want to spend that much money on something I won't be using very often, though. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Omega5002 Posted March 6, 2013 Report Posted March 6, 2013 You should do like 2 12s in a custom volcano style box that takes up the space above the amp/battery rack . Thatd be pretty cool and fill the space better tooo I'm actually planning on adding another 12 sometime before next year (most likely at the end of this year). In order to get a good amount of airspace for each sub though, I'm gonna need to just make a rectangular box. Thanks for the input though! I went and looked in my truck a little, and I'm not so sure a center console box would work too well. There's really not a ton of space for one. Another option I'm considering is to buy an SA-8 V.2 from the Sundown yard sale. I'm undecided right now on if I really want to spend that much money on something I won't be using very often, though. For the center console, maybe you could do a sealed box for the Type R just to have some bass when your friends sit back there. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
REVOofRustler Posted March 6, 2013 Author Report Posted March 6, 2013 You should do like 2 12s in a custom volcano style box that takes up the space above the amp/battery rack . Thatd be pretty cool and fill the space better tooo I'm actually planning on adding another 12 sometime before next year (most likely at the end of this year). In order to get a good amount of airspace for each sub though, I'm gonna need to just make a rectangular box. Thanks for the input though! I went and looked in my truck a little, and I'm not so sure a center console box would work too well. There's really not a ton of space for one. Another option I'm considering is to buy an SA-8 V.2 from the Sundown yard sale. I'm undecided right now on if I really want to spend that much money on something I won't be using very often, though. For the center console, maybe you could do a sealed box for the Type R just to have some bass when your friends sit back there. I actually put my Type R up on Craigslist so if it sells I'm definitely going with an SA-8! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Omega5002 Posted March 6, 2013 Report Posted March 6, 2013 That works 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.