Karkov Posted July 13, 2013 Report Posted July 13, 2013 Looks absolutely wonderful. So many pics. of people doing their builds and not finished, lol. I love the amp slide outs. It's all nice and simple and clean looking, can see the amps, the battery, of course the sub, port stands out due to color. Just a great install. Thanks for sharing 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
REVOofRustler Posted July 13, 2013 Author Report Posted July 13, 2013 Thanks a ton guys! It feels awesome knowing people approve of what I've done to my truck haha! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted July 19, 2013 Author Report Posted July 19, 2013 Some of you guys may know that I got in a little accident back in November (I rear ended a minivan on my way to school). It left a little dent in my hood and bent my drivers side fender a tad, which makes it look like the hood is always popped. The bumper I had on at the time was screwed, so I put the bumper that came on the truck when I got it back on. That bumper had been through a wreck too, though, so there wasn't a way to mount fog lights in it anymore. I got tired of looking at the crunched up front end of my truck, so I hopped on craigslist and found a hood and bumper from a Durango that was the same color as my truck. Durango and Dakota parts are pretty interchangeable for the most part, so I jumped on it. here's how it looked before The new parts The new bumper has a small crack by the passenger side fog light, but it's not a huge deal I wanted to paint the top half of the bumper to match my current one, and I also wanted to try out a black grille. Ready for the new stuff Plastidipped grille Plastidipped bumper Here's how it looks now So far I'm happy with how it looks. The paint on the hood isn't amazing, but I'm hoping all the scratches and stuff will be able to be buffed out. I also still need a new fender, but I'll wait on that for a bit. I'd like to get some headlights with clear lenses, and then do a projector retrofit. That way I could plastidip the head light buckets. There aren't many nice looking aftermarket headlights for Dakotas, though. I've also been dealing with some engine noise ever since I got the Mezzos put in. I've narrowed the source of it down to being the head unit. Yesterday I ran a new ground from the battery straight to the head unit and it didn't seem to help. I got out to my truck this morning and it seemed a bit quieter, which seems kinda weird. I'm hoping to have time to run whole new power and ground runs to the head unit to see if that helps any more. Big thanks to Ray, Kylar, Scooter, SRP365, and Will for giving me ideas on what to try! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
COLTON94 Posted July 19, 2013 Report Posted July 19, 2013 Truck looks good with the new front end. Makes me feel like a slacker( mine was wrecked before i got it) for not fixing mine. Hope you find the issues and with engine noise. I know my last truck had engine noise and it was bad rcas
REVOofRustler Posted July 19, 2013 Author Report Posted July 19, 2013 Truck looks good with the new front end. Makes me feel like a slacker( mine was wrecked before i got it) for not fixing mine. Hope you find the issues and with engine noise. I know my last truck had engine noise and it was bad rcas Thanks! I'm still deciding whether or not I like the black grille. I may end up throwing my blue one back on there. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted July 19, 2013 Author Report Posted July 19, 2013 Looking good Keep up the great work Thank you! It means a lot coming from you! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
SnowDrifter Posted July 19, 2013 Report Posted July 19, 2013 Digging the plastidip. New bumper really cleans it up too ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Karkov Posted July 20, 2013 Report Posted July 20, 2013 Looks great, way better than when it was Fubar. Pay attention to the road next time, LOL, just playin! 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
REVOofRustler Posted July 20, 2013 Author Report Posted July 20, 2013 Digging the plastidip. New bumper really cleans it up too Thanks! I'm glad to finally have a decent looking front end again! Looks great, way better than when it was Fubar. Pay attention to the road next time, LOL, just playin! No kidding man! Haha Thanks! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.