Prosp3ctor Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 I got all my 0 gauge ran today! The only issue right now is that I'm still waiting on my fuse blocks to come in the mail, so I'm still running off a 4 gauge power wire... Took out the seats and center console This is the kind of mess that I didn't want anymore You have to take out all the trim panels just to get underneath the rear cargo area... New ground location. It's where one of the rear seat belts bolts to, and it's under the cargo area so it'll be nice and concealed 4 gauge vs 0 gauge From the battery... And down by the hood hinge From there to the door hinge Here's the grommet where I'll be running the wire into the cab Cut a hole in the grommet Then into the cab! It comes straight in by the kick panel and then it go right under the door sill. Ran all the wires into the cargo spot behind the amp. This is normally where the jack and stuff would go, so I need to figure somethin out for that... I cut a hole through the cargo area to run all the wires out to the amp Lookin a bit cleaner... It's a miracle I got all the trim pieces back on right... Stupid 4 gauge... Vacuumed it up a bit And here's how it's gonna sit until I get the fuse blocks in and can actually use the 0 gauge power wire. That's all for now! You could have ran the wires though the grommet were the hood or brake cables go through, would've been a little cleaner. But I like the idea of keeping it as stock as possible.
REVOofRustler Posted October 13, 2013 Author Report Posted October 13, 2013 You could have ran the wires though the grommet were the hood or brake cables go through, would've been a little cleaner. But I like the idea of keeping it as stock as possible. There really wasn't any room to put wires through those grommets, especially now that I have two runs of 1/0. And you can only see the 1/0 when you open the door and look in by the hinges, so I'm not too concerned with how clean that looks. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
revoracing247 Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 got excited when i saw a new post and came here hoping there was an update......but no ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
REVOofRustler Posted February 15, 2014 Author Report Posted February 15, 2014 So the mountain bike season is slowly approaching, and last year it was a bit of a pain to pack my truck up for weekend trips with the Q12 still in there. I've had an SA-8 V.2 laying around for a while, so I figured I'd make a second attempt at building a box for it to swap into my truck when I need a bit more room for gear and people. Here's a few pictures from building the box. Sorry for the somewhat crappy phone pics haha. First mock up Gluing it together Added some weight for good measure Sanded the edges down a bit and rounded over all the corners Stuck with my usual theme and painted the port blue Then I used the leftover the carpet from my amp rack/backs seat to carpet the box. It's not the cleanest carpeting job by far, seeing as I had to use several little strips of carpet on a few sides. It'll work, though! Nice size difference And there it is! After going for a little drive to see how it sounds, it made me want to build a new box for my Q12. The SA8 was definitely quieter than the Q, but not by that much. It just makes me feel like there's a good amount of potential left in my Q that I haven't quite found yet. I'll leave that project for another day, though haha. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
cloud77 Posted February 15, 2014 Report Posted February 15, 2014 You will get more output out of the Q if you tune higher. 2004 Grand Prix GT (2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2) 5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz MMATS HD4000.05 MMATS SQ4100 Infinity Kappa components Juice Box black cherry Duralast platinum group 34 1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding Singer 250A
REVOofRustler Posted February 15, 2014 Author Report Posted February 15, 2014 You will get more output out of the Q if you tune higher. Don't worry, I know haha. Being able to play down to the low 20's full tilt is fun, but I pretty much never listen to stuff that gets lower than the high 20's. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
KiKaZz74 Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 Finally went back and read through where I left off. I must say I like alot. Gave me some ideas. I gotta say im happy with nothing power in doors. Wide open wire tubes for the doors. I also found running wire underneath worked great. There is a plug that I popped out on the bottom under the storage bins. Drilled 2 holes and done. I can get a pic of the new lights I got in if you wanna see. Clear lenses. Also plastidipped my rims and I love it. And lowpro toolbox. I wanna redo the sub stage in spring but idk if its gonna happen. Great work. love those mezzos My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
REVOofRustler Posted February 16, 2014 Author Report Posted February 16, 2014 Thanks man! I don't think I saw any plugs in the back of my truck when I had it all torn out, so I guess Dodge changed a few things between 1997 and 2002 haha. I'd love to get some clear lenses for my headlights and then do an HID retrofit, but I'm currently saving my money so I can get an Audi S4 Avant. Unfortunately that means that, for now, my truck is "done" haha 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
KiKaZz74 Posted February 16, 2014 Report Posted February 16, 2014 Nice. They were underneath the cab and had to drill them out and through those plastic bins. Im trying to save for a new car too so I think anything I do is gonna be small and mostly trading for other things. I wanna see a system in the new car too lol My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
REVOofRustler Posted February 16, 2014 Author Report Posted February 16, 2014 Ahh gotcha! Well it's gonna take me a while to get the car in the first place. I'm currently in school, and getting about 20-25 hours a week working at Quiznos, so the saving is going pretty slow. I figure I'll have about enough around this time next year haha. Also, the audio will be last on the list for the car. Those Audi's have some known issues with engine wall scoring and timing chain problems, so that would be getting taken care of first, then suspension, wheels, and tires, a few little performance mods, and then audio. It's gonna be quite a while before it's all done, but I've got some big plans for it already! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.