Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Whats up guys

Next week im planning to get Pioneer deh-80PRS and before buying I want to get some information from the users / people who know some more about

the unit than me... $350 is a lot of money for me and I dont wanna waste it... Im changing all the stuff which I got so far and step by step completing new

system..

Im currently using alpine Cda-117 and im not happy with it at all.. The equalizer is so complicated that even with 3sixy.2, RF 600.4 and Type-R's

in the front and back I cannot get nice quality.. I fu...ed up 4 tweeters, one 6.5 and one 6x9 total during using this HU because off the clipping.. Im the

only who drive my car and Ive never listen it too loud cause it just wasnt enjoyable..

I was trying to tune it by myself for a long time I asked my friends and went to couple audio shops and it doesnt sound good..

Im not saying that CDA-117 is bad HU, but it just dont work good for me...

EDIT: maybe some of You can recommend some other of Pioneer HUs.. for smaller price..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

What are you asking? I did not find a single question about the Deck you have in your statement.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

the question is

is it worth to spend $350 for this unit.. is it functional and simple in use.. where cda-117 is not at all and costed me around $300...

When you read the descriptions they say that it's "the best unit in the world" but I wanna know how it looks like in real life..

+ if anybody used the Pioneer's CD-MC20 microphone to Auto-EQ the system..

what are you wanting from your deck? it as a great crossover from what i can see... i was planning on getting it just for that reason alone. aside from that i would imagine its similar to most of the pioneer h/u. go to a local shop and test the features out on some pioneer units

go to google. type in pioneer deh-80prs reveiws. from there read....

i dont have it but im getting it, it is a great deck for the price and not many if any can compete with it at that price. ive seen some people say they have used the auto eq and that it does a great job but with manualy fine tuning the setting you can get a much better quality out of it. plus it has all the good option inluding 2 usb inputs 1 aux and an sd card reader.

its a pioneer cd player, they are always had and will always have an easy to use interface. however with more options the more complex it gets. a hour or 2 messing with the eq and gettting used to the controls of the new head unit is just about all it should take to understand it. im sure the manual will have some tips in it to, that or you could look for tips on google for how to set it up.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I went to two shops around my house and they dont have it ... I was reading many reviews and opinions and they said that its High Quality HU and the menu is quite simple.. I jsut wanna

get some more information... (thats why we all are here) I think I will order it probably tomorrow night ..

thanks guys

diymobileaudio has like a 30 page discussion on this deck with everything you would ever want to know about it. Its the best deck under like $850

I was trying to find it but no results..

Archived