@smz: I appreciate it man. If I go with a gallon of bed liner you are more than welcome. I was thinking about the spray though. I might be able to control where the spray goes better. On your box are you rolling it or spraying it? Also its not a problem. I didn't mind doing it cause it gives me time to just chill and zone out from the rest of the busy world for a little while. A vacation is much better than box building though. Also just need to take off some of your interior panels and grab a few pics of the work

@lance: yea I think I may go through the floor where the tip of my finger was in that earlier pic. All the paint is removed below the ring terminal on the seat frame

Opinions:

Where should I drill to run my ground to the frame? Where I pointed to in the earlier pic or would somewhere else look cleaner? How do y'all think the ground would look located on the outside of the seat frame like that?

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I am sure going to check that out in the tomorrow after work. I am just trying to avoid having to go above or near the leaf spring. I don't want it to pinch the wire and short it out. I will take some pics of the underneath side tomorrow

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I really appreciate it man. I know seeing how another one is done will help me understand where to run mine

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Your voltage is pretty solid and we are running the same batts. In my hoe I grounded at the amp just because I didn't want to drill through the floor either. I removed my cargo area speakers and I have 8's in the front doors, super tweets in the kick, 6.5's in the rear doors and 2 more super tweets back there as well. I need to up my power for the 4 channel amp but so far so good. The CVX isn't over powering but when I find a D2 sub that can take 2500w and not take up my entire cargo area I will need to get 2 nice 4 channels. The tahoe isn't getting as much love as it should but atleast it's playing unlike my Civic which gets all the attention but never seems to be playing long enough before I rip the system out and start over :lol2:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

@ibleed: I don't mind drilling through or popping out a cut-out to get the the team if that's a more solid ground and better than running a ground all the way to the 2nd batt up front. Hopefully I'll get my front stage similar to yours one day. I like to hear my vocals and the treble while the bass is slammin'. This HDC3 has been takin the rub2500 and not even breaking a sweat. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays like that. These Tahoes are def reliable trucks. Easy to work on when something goes wrong too.

@king: lol I never noticed that til you pointed it out.

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

@monte: thanks man I really appreciate it.

@swan: Yea the one I got didn't come with rear air so they didnt step it up to a 140a alt. I know the new ones come stock with a 140 but without rear air I think the 124a was the limit. I really could be wrong on that but correct if I am. My voltage on lows from 22-26hz dips to 13.6-13.7v but anything 28hz and above it stays 13.8-14.2v. Then I normally idle 14.4v. On super hot days where the heat index is 105-115 I will charge 14.3 at idle. All these readings are at the amp not the front battery. Opinions on voltage?

In the picture below I was thinking of going through the floor where the tip of my finger is. I got a straight shot over to the frame without having to go over or under the the leaf springs. Also after predrilling the right sized whole in the frame would a self tapping screw be sufficient?

Also what does everyone think about the ground wire sticking up through the carpet? and should I do it under the amp rack or through the floor where my finger was in the picture?

**edit**

I forgot the pic haha:

aa42c405.jpg

Damn your voltage sounds pretty legit! Mine drops between 11-12v full tilt! I have my aq2200 ran at .25ohm though lol. Im getting alot of ideas from your build bro! Tuned in for sure!!

~Team Nussiance~

Head Unit: Sony MEX-BT38UW

Amplifier: 1 AQ2200d for break in period

Subwoofers: 2 AQ HDC3 18's

Mids and Highs: 1 pair of AQ PA-6.5's and 1 pair of AQ PA Supertweets

Scores: 148.1db @47hz

146db- Dash

143.8db- Headrest

Both on music

Archived