I'm loving your build log man and definitely getting some good input too! Dang I wish we knew of some more shows around here South Carolina would've been sweet but thats quite a ways too.

I appreciate it man. I can also use all the input I can get. I got the redesigned amp rack built this morning. Everything it is installed and ready for the coat of bedliner to come. The power and ground wires arent quite flexible enough to run them up through the amp rack but once I move my ground to the frame I am going to do my best to atleast get the ground coming up through the amp rack. Yea I have been scanning the internet for any Eastern NC shows and I found a NSPL event in High Point, NC near Charlotte but it was on the 22nd and I didnt find it til yesterday. Ill shoot you the link in a PM.

Here is the amp rack I built this morning: **Power and ground arent flexible enough to run up through the amp rack and make such a sharp turn but I will do my best to hide the ground when I relocate it to the frame.**

4ec07923.jpg

2a911572.jpg

9b7a60c2.jpg

6af77046.jpg

76fd3803.jpg

b9f7f4e4.jpg

d53edabc.jpg

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

looks pretty sweet under the seat there, and having the amp lifted up will help with air flow.

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

I appreciate it there ch0sen. I dont have very much room under the amp rack maybe about 3/4"of an inch average under it. so I put those spacers under the feet so I hopefully will have room to add a fan. I am still thinking of a way to add the fan in such limited space. The reason I used the 2 different types of wood was because the mdf was 3/4" thick and the particle board was 1/2" thick. With the thinner particle board I had more room to work with height wise.

The 1/0 Flex-A-Prene cant make the sharp bend needed to be run up through the amp rack so I am still planning a way to get it running up through the amp rack. Any ideas?

Also anyone have any ideas on what to do with the bass knob wire? I am trying to keep from taking my front seat out cause it is a pain to get it in and out. I will post a pic of how I got the bass knob wire run below.

Bass knob wire:

8d192fa4.jpg

297e2e91.jpg

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Zip tie all the slack under the amp rack. My truck has a mat that goes all the way across the floor in the back so I ran mine under that.

~Team Nussiance~

Head Unit: Sony MEX-BT38UW

Amplifier: 1 AQ2200d for break in period

Subwoofers: 2 AQ HDC3 18's

Mids and Highs: 1 pair of AQ PA-6.5's and 1 pair of AQ PA Supertweets

Scores: 148.1db @47hz

146db- Dash

143.8db- Headrest

Both on music

Thats what I was thinking of trying tomorrow. I guess i'll try it under the amp rack and any other place I can find to see which one looks the cleanest. Mine came with a mat but it had a tear in the middle of it that aggravated me so I had to replace it. Haha yea I know kinda OCD about the little things.

Here is the most current video I uploaded to YouTube. Kinda more or less the excursion of the sub. The suspension in the sub is still so tight I imagine not all the xmax is there like it will be with 15-20hrs of playtime on it. Let me know what y'all think.

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

This is my first attempt at a shirt trick. Not the best but the AQ is indeed moving a little air.

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I appreciate it man. The gain knob was right about 3/4 so I still got a little more power to throw to it while still achieving clean power. Also looking to set my amp with a DD-1 if I could find one in NC. I was surprised when I saw it was moving the shirt though. On your AQ's did you throw full power at them right to start with or did you back off on the power for the first 10hrs or so?

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Archived