Colorado shooting. Now lawsuit?

Ok good for him he loves his big macs but im sure if he got.fat eating them im pretty sure he.wouldnt sue mcdonalds...all I was implying is that some people in america will sue anyone for money for stupid resons if they knew they might have a chance in winning a.case

Actually I will lend a general opinion off the fact that I work for a company that defends most of the corporations that have to deal with these ridiculous suits. In all honesty a lot of the times unless the Company being sued wants to save face they will only offer a BS settlement to shut the plaintiff up and have them sign a clause saying they can never sue again. In most instances the plaintiff's attorney's will deny the settlement and take it to court. I can tell you this from what I know personally there are 1000's of cases right now against one specific company and so far they have only settled with a few, one woman won an obscene amount in court and it was appealed and has been stuck in limbo so she will probably never see a dime and the rest are still fighting for anything they can get. After the cost for your legal team (because it is no longer one attorney working for you) most of these people lose more money in time and work hours than they gain in the end. Not to mention the taxes on the money they do win and the fact that they always end up in litigation with relatives who want their cut. Excuse the long paragraph but just to get back on topic I can promise you this none of those will stick and if they do happen to settle the gain wont be worth it. If he takes it to court good luck seeing anything because there is no such thing as a speedy trial from the Corporate Litigation standpoint. My company has been fighting the same cases since I started working here 5 years ago with no end in sight hell funniest thing is almost half of the plaintiff's have passed on and the case is now the estate of such and such.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Ok good for him he loves his big macs but im sure if he got.fat eating them im pretty sure he.wouldnt sue mcdonalds...all I was implying is that some people in america will sue anyone for money for stupid resons if they knew they might have a chance in winning a.case

LOL I know, I posted it as a joke. Like you should sue the school district you attended for not teaching you proper grammar.

Edited by Baydestrian

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Ok guys we will NOT make this a joke around thread... Keep it on topic...

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

The legal system is as much to blame for this shit as the actual occurence of the tragedy.... The reason i say this is because they ALLOW suits like this to be filed so there in lies some of the problem... I understand we have freedoms but i mean DAMN there should be a line to which you can exercise those freedoms

Thats the truth there! They shouldn't even be able to waste their time(courts,etc) or or tax dollars in some of these lawsuits.

Actually I will lend a general opinion off the fact that I work for a company that defends most of the corporations that have to deal with these ridiculous suits. In all honesty a lot of the times unless the Company being sued wants to save face they will only offer a BS settlement to shut the plaintiff up and have them sign a clause saying they can never sue again. In most instances the plaintiff's attorney's will deny the settlement and take it to court. I can tell you this from what I know personally there are 1000's of cases right now against one specific company and so far they have only settled with a few, one woman won an obscene amount in court and it was appealed and has been stuck in limbo so she will probably never see a dime and the rest are still fighting for anything they can get. After the cost for your legal team (because it is no longer one attorney working for you) most of these people lose more money in time and work hours than they gain in the end. Not to mention the taxes on the money they do win and the fact that they always end up in litigation with relatives who want their cut. Excuse the long paragraph but just to get back on topic I can promise you this none of those will stick and if they do happen to settle the gain wont be worth it. If he takes it to court good luck seeing anything because there is no such thing as a speedy trial from the Corporate Litigation standpoint. My company has been fighting the same cases since I started working here 5 years ago with no end in sight hell funniest thing is almost half of the plaintiff's have passed on and the case is now the estate of such and such.

Wow that's a lot of work and time.

IMO the theatre should be sued. They have a "WE BAN GUNS IN THESE PREMISES" sign posted.

That implies that they will be providing security and they obviously didn't.

The theatre took away the right to self defense with a firearm to anyone who followed the theatres rules.

IMO the theatre should be sued. They have a "WE BAN GUNS IN THESE PREMISES" sign posted.

The theatre took away the right to self defense with a firearm to anyone who followed the theatres rules.

The theater could be at fault partially. I mean the guy was wearing a gas mask for Pete's sake. Didn't that seem a bit suspicious to anyone?

This may be very true.

They enforce this sign due to Colorado having a right to carry law. My mother-in-law lives in Aurora and carries a .357 lol..that is scary!

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

The only problem of suing the theater for the posting of guns not allowed or banned on premises. Is that if it is allowed to sue them than any business that has the same sign are responsible. Schools,churches etc. The gas mask wouldn't be noticed in a dark room and the fact he came in from the exit door didn't help either. Who would think of needing security for a movie theater. That and very very few places that have gun bans or not allowed posted don't have any security not just this place.