Anyone who knew that something wrong was happening and did nothing to stop it might as well have done it themselves.

IMO the penalties imposed on the school are fair, but the individual penalties imposed on the late paterno are a bit much.

Keep a building named after him, remove everything else.

Edited to make a post relevant to the thread.

Edited by Born_Again

I agree with this I just feel that he did what he did but it does not take away all the good he did for our school and the reality is that he funded a lot of structures with personal money. I feel it is unfair to him that we still use those facilities with another name then his because at the end of the day he built all of that because he wanted to help the school. If the rename it its still going to be used.

whats the point? The point is he KNEW this was going on and covered it up in order to keep the recruiters coming. WHO gives a flying shit what he donated to the school. The reason that taking away all his wins that he did was because he was CROOKED to begin with. What sense does it make me being the kingpin drug dealer and head of a cartel that kill and murders yet I give out chicken dinners during winter and build schools for the kids? They are both guilty, they got what they deserved and its good for them. What this goes to show is that the football program was way more important than the actual education which is supposed to be the main reason of going to college. They put football first and now they are going to pay for it. I don't feel sorry for them, I feel sorry for the kids that were fucked against their will and having it covered up for years. But just as the dumbass with the tweets will say its Penn State for life. They both deserved to be put in public and tortured until the point their hearts stops beating.

:ninja:

Edited by sensai_v3.6
cuz i can

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

^^^^^^^^^^^ 100% agree No matter all the good he did he knew what was goin on , he mite was well have been rapping them kids too.

2 DC Audio lvl 4 xl 18s D .7s walled off @ 30 hz

19 cubes net 245sq in of port

Sundown 3500 @ .7 Ohm

Sundown 100.4

Rockford Fosgat Power Series

5.25 Dash

6.5 Kicks

8 Coaxils Doors

250 mechicman alt

1 red top under the hood

2 yellow tops in back

big 3 with 1/0 knukonceptz wire

3 runs of +/- 1/0 knukonceptz wire

IT LBS

I agree with this I just feel that he did what he did but it does not take away all the good he did for our school and the reality is that he funded a lot of structures with personal money. I feel it is unfair to him that we still use those facilities with another name then his because at the end of the day he built all of that because he wanted to help the school. If the rename it its still going to be used.

he may have done a lot of good for our school, but he will unfortunately be known mostly for this scandal.... it's like the news, no one gives a rats ass about good things going on the news, but when something bad happens they always show it and spread it around.

whats the point? The point is he KNEW this was going on and covered it up in order to keep the recruiters coming. WHO gives a flying shit what he donated to the school. The reason that taking away all his wins that he did was because he was CROOKED to begin with. What sense does it make me being the kingpin drug dealer and head of a cartel that kill and murders yet I give out chicken dinners during winter and build schools for the kids? They are both guilty, they got what they deserved and its good for them. What this goes to show is that the football program was way more important than the actual education which is supposed to be the main reason of going to college. They put football first and now they are going to pay for it. I don't feel sorry for them, I feel sorry for the kids that were fucked against their will and having it covered up for years. But just as the dumbass with the tweets will say its Penn State for life. They both deserved to be put in public and tortured until the point their hearts stops beating.

:ninja:

I agree with you to a point. I believe that their education program is fantastic personally. A lot of people are really bummed out though because Penn State football is a tradition to most people and they don't want to see it be hurt so much. I don't think it's fair that the overflow of this scandal is effecting the students as well, when it should be focused more on those involved in the scandal. They all can go receive their punishment for hiding such a horrendous crime from the public when it should have been released and dealt with from the very start.

I want to know why the police never did anything when the investigation had started more than 10 years ago

Look this is all disgusting! The whole thing saddens me and pisses me off all at once!

Bottom line is this! Sandusky committed the crime, Joe, if guilty of covering up, yes should have lost his job! But for the NCAA to get involved in it is flat out miss use of power! This is not a football issue, or a player issue, or anything like that! This is a law issue and it's taking it course through the law. Sandusky is behind bars where he'll die soon, and Joe is gone as well, and if he was guilty of anything I agree should have been fired. Fine!

However, just like it wasn't Governments position to step into the steroid cases for baseball, it's not the NCAA's position to step into a law issue like this! They're OUT OF LINE!! If this is the way they want to be then it's time to step up, and start taking shit away from these looser coaches who are going out and getting DUI's and players who are going out and getting in fights at bars! NEITHER OF WHICH, might I add, are football issues! They're legal issues!

Bottom line, it's tragic, it's disgusting, but this has gone way too far! NO football shouldn't take precidence over the university academics, but who are these people trying to bull shit! IT DOES!!! It does for football, it does for baseball, it does for basketball! It's what makes these universities the money they need to operate the way they do! And for the NCAA, to sit there and think that dropping the proverbial hammer on Penn State to prove some kind of point, I guess the point of scaring those who would cover up not to do so, is just an ignorant attempt to gain more power! A crook is a crook! Just like the bank robber who goes to rob his bank. They're not gonna stop cause the cops might be out there watching! The commit the crime cause they don't think they're gonna get caught! These coaches who cover up shit every day, do it cause they have power and they don't think they're going to get caught!

This is the worst showing of power by an organization (NCAA) I've seen since Bud Selig decided to end the All Star Game with a tie, ok maybe not but I'm a baseball fan, give me a break!!! Concentrate on how to fix the damn bowl systems and how to produce a better non greedy product rather than stick your god damn nose in issues that don't pertain to football or other athletics for that matter! Let the lawmakers deal with the law issues!

The people I feel bad for now, aside from the kids/adults now (which goes without saying) are the players and students who have to take on the wrath of the almighty NCAA who didn't have anything to do with it! To take wins away from the program is flat out BULL SHIT! And beyond that the Paterno's who have to watch as a Power Greedy NCAA rips his legacy to shreds because he can't defend it himself! COWARDS!!

I'm done!

^^^^ 100% agreed I have many friends that were given the opportunity to go to college because of football. And i think the measures were taken too far plain and simple. again most people don't even follow the situation or know all of the facts and plainly talk out of their ass, I know all the facts I lived the situation I met lat Joe before he passed. I get scholarships and if i were to loose them for a fucking scandal id be pretty damn upset. Being politically correct? who gives a flying fuck. the man that committed the crime is behind bars getting raped. like i said they are making a villain of the wring person. I back my argument 100%

he may have done a lot of good for our school, but he will unfortunately be known mostly for this scandal.... it's like the news, no one gives a rats ass about good things going on the news, but when something bad happens they always show it and spread it around.
whats the point? The point is he KNEW this was going on and covered it up in order to keep the recruiters coming. WHO gives a flying shit what he donated to the school. The reason that taking away all his wins that he did was because he was CROOKED to begin with. What sense does it make me being the kingpin drug dealer and head of a cartel that kill and murders yet I give out chicken dinners during winter and build schools for the kids? They are both guilty, they got what they deserved and its good for them. What this goes to show is that the football program was way more important than the actual education which is supposed to be the main reason of going to college. They put football first and now they are going to pay for it. I don't feel sorry for them, I feel sorry for the kids that were fucked against their will and having it covered up for years. But just as the dumbass with the tweets will say its Penn State for life. They both deserved to be put in public and tortured until the point their hearts stops beating. :ninja:
I agree with you to a point. I believe that their education program is fantastic personally. A lot of people are really bummed out though because Penn State football is a tradition to most people and they don't want to see it be hurt so much. I don't think it's fair that the overflow of this scandal is effecting the students as well, when it should be focused more on those involved in the scandal. They all can go receive their punishment for hiding such a horrendous crime from the public when it should have been released and dealt with from the very start. I want to know why the police never did anything when the investigation had started more than 10 years ago

I agree with Crandis

Edited by RAM5493

my opinion is if Paterno told other members of Penn to keep things quiet and he had known for 10 to 14 years what Sandusky did. then why did he keep him on staff...maybe to avoid negative publicity for Penn..........im a huge college football fan....but when you put sports over a childs welfare then you are just as guilty as the guy doing the actual act. from what ive read and heard Paterno ran the school.........and what he said everyone followed and if im wrong on that fact then im wrong. but Paterno lied to a grand jury about what took place and when the other chicken shit asst who saw sandusky abusing the child then Paterno should have reported the incident to the police. but one thing i dont understand. someone had to have known besides paterno maybe other asst's and even other players and this was allowed to continue.

Edited by bigmescan

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

and no matter how much right he did if he allowed it and knew then it doesnt matter.......................

put it this way................

i know a man had a few kids raised what seemed to be the right way........they all went to college and made good careers........so i would say he was a good father...

years later it was discovered that he raped and abused his kids and his wife............so i guess all the good he did should wipe away all the wrong..................if you really believe in that type of logic then i feel for you.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74