SQ box design

mttornquist

Okay so I should be getting my sub in the mail here son and I am trying to figure out what I want for the box. The sub is an AA Assassin and it will be getting 220 watts rms from an audison amp.

As for my front stage I have a set of rockford fosgate T1652-s components, the frequency response on these goes all the way down to 55 Hz

What I'm thinking is a ported box but I'm not sure what to tune to.

I would like the sub to play everything up to about 65 Hz, so what should I tune to?

Thanks in advance!

For sq you want to tune lowwww ... best sq sub stage I heard was cableguys set up and his box is tuned to 22hz

Thanks Josh ...

For that sub (if you truely want Sound Quality) ... I would tune around 28 htz ...

Might want to do what Josh did and design your enclosure to where you can adjust your port tuning to "adapt" to your stage and image ...

just my suggestion

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Do you have a link to his build so I can see exaclty what you mean and how he designed his box?

Links to our build logs are in our signatures ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Just build box t a low tuning and play with the system a little and if need be lower tuning ... make the box so you have room to add port later if need be ... I was tuned to 32 Hz but didn't like so I was able to take ports out and tune to about 28 ... one thing I learned with sq is a lot ... a whole lot of trial and error ESP. With sub stage trying to see what fits right with your vehicle and listening style.

Archived