Sonic Electronix

I've seen a few videos of people playing their music at high levels while they have a battery charger connected to the batteries. I'm wondering if this will hurt the charger? I know a battery charger will only output up to it's limit, but would the fluctuations in current cause any damage to the charger?

I've been asked to DJ at a barn party (yes it's in a barn) and they want me to pull my van in and play the music from it. I can't leave my van running to recharge the batteries while the music's going because the exhaust fumes and it would waste a lot of gas. I want to be able to leave the charger on the batteries the entire time while playing music so I can at least have a minor amount of recharging going on. Does anyone know if this is fine? :search:

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

I need to get this figured out by Wednesday because that's when the barn party is happening. Doesn't any of the people viewing this know? :shok:

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

4 group 34 agm batteries

you are going to rapidly outdraw a charger anyways. whats your charger give you 10 or 15 amps continous? yeah dont see that happenign at all.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Exactly what N8 said. I have a damn good amount of battery power for my amp selection and i have the 12v XS Power intellicharger for them to keep it topped off like once a month and it will automatically sense the voltage on the batteries and go from charging to float mode itself. When i was playing with it when i first got it i noticed that once the charger goes into float mode and if i turn on the amps it will go into charging mode. Now mind you i didnt even have any music playing so the amps drew enough power just being turned on and remaining on. So to answer your question no a battery charger will not help you out with playing your music with the vehicle off for extended periods. If you have a good amount of batteries keep an eye on the voltage and when it starts to get around id say maybe 12.6-12.8v id turn off the system and let the charger do its job and charge them back up or else keep the car running for a majority of the time you are playing music.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Right, I know it won't keep up with the draw on the batteries, but I figured it may help slightly to slow down the draining process. I just won't risk putting the charger on while the amp is on. My 4 batteries should last long enough and they're deep cycle anyways. Thanks for the replies fellers :)

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

4 group 34 agm batteries

Archived