Sonic Electronix

im not new to this, but i havent built a box in like 2 years ha.

i want this box to be the best one ive made. just a simple slot port box. tuned right and sounding right.

i have 4 kenwood 12's

specs:

Nominal impedance (Z) 4Ω DC resistance (Re) 3.0Ω Resonant frequency (FSO) 45Hz Mechanical Q factor (QMS) 3.839 Electrical Q factor (QES) 1.519 Total Q factor (QTS) 1.088 Voice coil inductance (LBM) 1.26mH Voice coil diameter (d) 65mm Force factor (BL) 10.1T/m Peak excursion Xmax 11.3mm Moving mass (MMS) 171.9gr. Volume accoustic compliance (VAS) 26.6liter Piston Area (SD) 0.05m² Displacement 6495cc Sealed box volume 35.4liter Sealed Box Dimensions 380 x 375 x 360mm ( 21mm thick MDF)(WxHxD) Vented box volume 42.54liter Vented Box Dimensions 380 x 440 x 360mm ( 21mm thick MDF)(WxHxD) Vented box port diameter/length Ø 76mm / 178mm

i just want to know what you guys would do. im using a generic power acoustik amp that says 5500 watts max but im guessing its around 2500watts max.

i know the port has to be so many cubic inches but i forget everything i learned a while ago.

i want the port to be big.

i want your guys opinion because im tired of using that RE box calculator and i want to know how to make the perfect box.

you cant "want" the port to be big. the port has to fall under specifications.

your amp will do like 1800rms at the most. on account of the fusing

im not too good at box designs, so i cant help you out with that unfortunately.

subs:

http://www.kenwood.e...-W3011/details/

amp:

http://www.poweracou...OVN1-5500D.html

i drive a 98 jeep grand cherokee

the max deminsions are huge. 48" wide (between wheel wells), 18" high (to top of the back seat), 30" deep (from back of the seat to the hatch)

i listen to rap mostly. but i want my system to hurt peoples ears rather than destroy my car lol. atm my car flexes a lot.. and only hurts a little.

noone can just tell me the basics to tuning? im a smart kid and i can do math very easy. im not asking you guys to do the work for me. im asking for the basics of tuning, and your opinions how to make the box better.

Download torres box calculater and read through the whole help list amd you should be able to design your own box that sounds good

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

You want the formula? Here ya go!

Lv = Av*1.84*10^8/[Vb*1728*(Fb/0.159)^2] - 0.823*sqrt(Av)

Lv is port length (what your solving for)

Av is your port area (height x width of the port face)

Vb is the internal volume of your box

Fb is the tuning frequency you want

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived