There have been some good points made here about concealed carry. But all in all, it boils down to what you want to carry. What size pistol is your body size able to conceal, what isnt to heavy to you, and what you can shoot well. I for one, am a big dude. I can conceal a fullsize G17 or 1911 no sweat. Doesnt mean thats what I carry all the time though. ( but more often than not, Im packing a fullsize, or near full size piece, sometimes 2 and a reload for each, depending on where I am going that day and what work has entailed for the day, in the office for the day or running to Wally world, a snubby and a quick strip is great, heading to the "bad" side of town to take a dope boys Escalade, time to gear up.) You need to venture out, head to some local ranges, as most rent guns to shoot, try several out, noting their weight and size. Also take note of which ones you can shoot well, as a piece that you can't hit with consistently isnt worth a damn. Also talk with other shooters there, see what they are carrying, ask to try it out if they are shooting at that time as well. The right answer for CCW is get what fits YOU best, that YOU can shoot well. Then after you buy it, take a basic pistol class, along with what ever your requirements for CCW are. And next, go shoot the damn thing. Head to the range at least once or twice a month and sharpen your skills, because, again if you can't hit well with your piece, you could carry a bazooka and it wont matter. If you find that you shoot a snubby .38 best, then carry that...5 or 6 rounds that are well placed are better than 17 9mm rounds that dont hit a damn thing. I have a multitude of guns to chose from when venturing out, anyone that says 5 or 6 and an extra speedloader isnt enough, is gravely mistaken. Try and mug me or whatever you will, when Im only carrying my snubby with 6 in it and a quick strip in my pocket, I promise you'll soon realize the first 6 were more than enough, most CCWs will NEVER find themselves in a situation where needing more than 5 or 6 and a reload is not sufficient, hell more times than not the reload wont be needed either. Also, please, dont think that one pistol class and meeting the requirements for CCW will make you a competent shooter, because frankly, it won't.

Some thing I see many CCW'ers doing is buy a piece, run 50 to 100 rounds through it, and call it good, thinking they are ready for shit to hit the fan, when in reality, there is a good chance they are now more of a danger to themselves than before they had a piece on them all the time. As Clint Smith has said, "train for greatness, for when the time comes you need it, you'll be mediocre at best." Also take into account the great responsibility that comes with carrying a weapon day in and day out, how you treat situations will perhaps need to change, and also take a long look at the fact that now you will be able to take anothers life, and make sure you are ok with that. I know a CCW holder that actually froze up when shit got real and it was time to pull the trigger, as he had the stark sudden realization that he was about to kill someone, and was unable to follow through.

I am no expert, although I work with great NRA certified instructors, and carry a weapon and have been in a few "tough" situations before. I'd like to think I have a good grasp on the truths about carrying a firearm daily.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

why not go with the Beretta nano that's the one I plan on buying today for my daily gun, I heard some good things about it

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

There have been some good points made here about concealed carry. But all in all, it boils down to what you want to carry. What size pistol is your body size able to conceal, what isnt to heavy to you, and what you can shoot well. I for one, am a big dude. I can conceal a fullsize G17 or 1911 no sweat. Doesnt mean thats what I carry all the time though. ( but more often than not, Im packing a fullsize, or near full size piece, sometimes 2 and a reload for each, depending on where I am going that day and what work has entailed for the day, in the office for the day or running to Wally world, a snubby and a quick strip is great, heading to the "bad" side of town to take a dope boys Escalade, time to gear up.) You need to venture out, head to some local ranges, as most rent guns to shoot, try several out, noting their weight and size. Also take note of which ones you can shoot well, as a piece that you can't hit with consistently isnt worth a damn. Also talk with other shooters there, see what they are carrying, ask to try it out if they are shooting at that time as well. The right answer for CCW is get what fits YOU best, that YOU can shoot well. Then after you buy it, take a basic pistol class, along with what ever your requirements for CCW are. And next, go shoot the damn thing. Head to the range at least once or twice a month and sharpen your skills, because, again if you can't hit well with your piece, you could carry a bazooka and it wont matter. If you find that you shoot a snubby .38 best, then carry that...5 or 6 rounds that are well placed are better than 17 9mm rounds that dont hit a damn thing. I have a multitude of guns to chose from when venturing out, anyone that says 5 or 6 and an extra speedloader isnt enough, is gravely mistaken. Try and mug me or whatever you will, when Im only carrying my snubby with 6 in it and a quick strip in my pocket, I promise you'll soon realize the first 6 were more than enough, most CCWs will NEVER find themselves in a situation where needing more than 5 or 6 and a reload is not sufficient, hell more times than not the reload wont be needed either. Also, please, dont think that one pistol class and meeting the requirements for CCW will make you a competent shooter, because frankly, it won't.

Some thing I see many CCW'ers doing is buy a piece, run 50 to 100 rounds through it, and call it good, thinking they are ready for shit to hit the fan, when in reality, there is a good chance they are now more of a danger to themselves than before they had a piece on them all the time. As Clint Smith has said, "train for greatness, for when the time comes you need it, you'll be mediocre at best." Also take into account the great responsibility that comes with carrying a weapon day in and day out, how you treat situations will perhaps need to change, and also take a long look at the fact that now you will be able to take anothers life, and make sure you are ok with that. I know a CCW holder that actually froze up when shit got real and it was time to pull the trigger, as he had the stark sudden realization that he was about to kill someone, and was unable to follow through.

I am no expert, although I work with great NRA certified instructors, and carry a weapon and have been in a few "tough" situations before. I'd like to think I have a good grasp on the truths about carrying a firearm daily.

Great info bro... You hit all the points dead on the head... Next time space the shit out some so it is easier to read :P

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Sorry Bobby, sometimes when I get on a tangent, iforgettospacethingsoutproperly. My wife is always busting my balls about it.

But, ya, there's a lot to more to CCW than just buying a piece and having at it. Especially with my dealings with my new part time gig, Ive been very serious about any and all things bang bang related. Education is the best cure for stupid. Ill post up some pics of the couple things Ive duracoated, and the couple Ak's Ive built so far, some time later tonight.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

That was a nice read! Thanks guys for the info!

I'll make sure I'll try out a few guns before buying. I'm 6'2" 230 pounds with decent sized hands so I might have to end up getting something with a grip designed for bigger hands. I'm typically more comfortable in more loose fitting/baggy clothing but I see what you mean about the 10mm being hard to conceal.

I know quite a few people who own guns around me so I'll ask around for a good gun shop.

The range is only 5 miles away so I'll probably be there every weekend! If shooting pistols is as much fun as that AR I shot (Loved the AR, the M1 was cool too, the AK wasn't as much fun as the other two) I'll have loads of fun too.

My Mom said that there's a shooting school somewhere nearby too.

And I'm generally a more non-aggressive person. I'll only fight if there's no other way out. Me having a gun I'll only draw if there's no other option.

I saw that last video in the Handgun Basics thread and that's why I wanted to start with something small, to make sure I have something on me as close to 100% of the time as possible.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

• 3 weeks later...

I'll make sure I'll try out a few guns before buying. I'm 6'2" 230 pounds with decent sized hands so I might have to end up getting something with a grip designed for bigger hands. I'm typically more comfortable in more loose fitting/baggy clothing but I see what you mean about the 10mm being hard to conceal.

I know quite a few people who own guns around me so I'll ask around for a good gun shop.

The range is only 5 miles away so I'll probably be there every weekend! If shooting pistols is as much fun as that AR I shot (Loved the AR, the M1 was cool too, the AK wasn't as much fun as the other two) I'll have loads of fun too.

And I'm generally a more non-aggressive person. I'll only fight if there's no other way out. Me having a gun I'll only draw if there's no other option.

I saw that last video in the Handgun Basics thread and that's why I wanted to start with something small, to make sure I have something on me as close to 100% of the time as possible.

Just so its out there... With the right concealment holster or IWB holster you can conceal a fullsize pistol... I conceal a fullsize 1911 and its not that challenging and now that my holster has broken in its actually comfortable :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Just so its out there... With the right concealment holster or IWB holster you can conceal a fullsize pistol... I conceal a fullsize 1911 and its not that challenging and now that my holster has broken in its actually comfortable smile.gif

what smoke sais here is true, i carry a xd40 tactical length or a sub compact. Now that i have a nice iwb holster, i can hardly tell a difference. Neither show through my shirt, sio i have been carrying the 5 inch barrel one a lot more.

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

Taurus millennium 45. Bought it for my wife because she needed something that would stop a man dead in his tracks. Never buy a woman anything less than a 45. 22s are child's play. Anyway I love the gun. Love Taurus, I have a 40 large frame Taurus. Kinda like a Beretta. Next up for me is a Taurus Judge. Shots 410 shot shells and 45 long colt. Bad ass revolver. Also check out the Taurus 24/7 compact 45acp. Clean ass gun there to.

Taurus millennium 45. Bought it for my wife because she needed something that would stop a man dead in his tracks. Never buy a woman anything less than a 45. 22s are child's play. Anyway I love the gun. Love Taurus, I have a 40 large frame Taurus. Kinda like a Beretta. Next up for me is a Taurus Judge. Shots 410 shot shells and 45 long colt. Bad ass revolver. Also check out the Taurus 24/7 compact 45acp. Clean ass gun there to.

not to disprove your theory or anything but there really is NO handgun that will stop someone dead in their tracks... Its all about shot placement you can drop someone with just about any caliber

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Archived