Second Skin Audio

Best size for subwoofer

I listen to just about everything from rap to classic rock to regagae. I have a 1993 toyota Acura with Sony xploids(Walmart) and stock tweeters. The radio is new. I had two ten inch bazooka subs with a 250 watt amp bridged and what I was told about bridging an amp is that it puts the max rms through a sub which the bazookas happened to be 250 rms. Long story short the system blew up and I ended up getting a Pyle (older) 800 watt two channel amp. I read alot of good things about Skar subs and I am a short drive away from there headquarters so I thought I would pick two vvx 10s and put them in my sealed box. But now I am rethinking the tens and might put in at bigger or smaller subs depending on the sound quaility. Also thought of putting in a bass processor but I have never had one nor have a seen them

Did anyone else catch this??? ^^^ its one of the first ever hybrids!!!!

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

LMFAO @ Toyota Acura. Honestly, my opinion is that you should get subs that will fit what you feel will do the best, get an amplifier that matches well that isn't crappy, build a custom ported box that is tuned to the subs recommendations, and take all of it to a shop to tune it for you. Because the reason why you blew the other system up is probably because you turned the amp gain up all the way thinking it would put out the most power. Common mistake. If I remember correctly, Skar Audio has a deal where you buy two VVX 10s or 12s, they will give you a box for free that is built to your specs.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

if i were you man, i would go with a wall to start.

Its the easiest type of build for someone who doesnt know a thing about car audio!! Make sure you fiber glass you box too! Maybe a couple of h/o alts and like 15-20k rms? I think this would be a nice start. Not saying it would be super loud, but it should impress your friends!

I listen to just about everything from rap to classic rock to regagae. I have a 1993 toyota Acura with Sony xploids(Walmart) and stock tweeters. The radio is new. I had two ten inch bazooka subs with a 250 watt amp bridged and what I was told about bridging an amp is that it puts the max rms through a sub which the bazookas happened to be 250 rms. Long story short the system blew up and I ended up getting a Pyle (older) 800 watt two channel amp. I read alot of good things about Skar subs and I am a short drive away from there headquarters so I thought I would pick two vvx 10s and put them in my sealed box. But now I am rethinking the tens and might put in at bigger or smaller subs depending on the sound quaility. Also thought of putting in a bass processor but I have never had one nor have a seen them

Haha toyota camry I mean

Did anyone else catch this??? ^^^ its one of the first ever hybrids!!!!

Just go with the size you can fit. That's probably end up being a pair of 10s or 12s depending on how much space you want to give up

And ported all the way. Like: design and build your own. Not some prefab or probox crap