Second Skin Audio

Need help picking the right 18'' to match with BRZ 1700.1

or a dc

Level 4 or 5?

The Q and the DC work in larger enclosures ( about 6 cubes and above) the Zv.3 works in 4-5 cubes that's a big difference when lacking space, if going with those other brands better a couple of 12s which will fit in 4.5-5 cubes comfortably but two subs will cost more and need more power.

where did you hear this? have you used them in smaller than recommended enclosures?

yes they work in larger enclosures but can perform extremely well in small enclosures too. level 5 18s can be ran down to 5.5 cubes if paired with the right power levels. I ran one in 5.5 and it worked wonderfully, just 3k wouldnt really move it too much.

edit: with only 1700 rms and 6 gross, i would look into lower powered 18s in the 1000rms range so the extra power in the smaller box. Getting an XL or level 5 would be pointless anyway on that power in around 5-5.5 cubes.

Yes you have a point there, i was looking at the Audio Que HD318. rated at only 1000 watts, not too bad?

except AQ does like BIG boxes for the most part, so running under 6.5cubes could be an issue, i would pm ami customs, he has ran AQ 18s for quite sometime and knows a good amount about what they like and dont like.

here is his profile link

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/39011-ami-customs/

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

why not an sa-15 or something like that? Does it have to be an 18. I can tell you from experience the sa will take that 1700 all day clean power

Would it be any louder than what i got now? 1 earthquake DBXI 15 on 600watts in a 4cubed box tuned to 32hz

1 15 in the right box on 1700rms, like the zv3, level 4 m2, ssa icon, etc. will blow away that earthquake on 600 watts. I bet you could wire the amp to 1 ohm with one of the subs mentioned and be blown away.

what is your port area btw?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

why not an sa-15 or something like that? Does it have to be an 18. I can tell you from experience the sa will take that 1700 all day clean power

Would it be any louder than what i got now? 1 earthquake DBXI 15 on 600watts in a 4cubed box tuned to 32hz

1 15 in the right box on 1700rms, like the zv3, level 4 m2, ssa icon, etc. will blow away that earthquake on 600 watts. I bet you could wire the amp to 1 ohm with one of the subs mentioned and be blown away.

i think any of the subs you listed would laugh at 1700 rms. especially from his brz amp. thats why I suggested the SA line

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

i think any of the subs you listed would laugh at 1700 rms. especially from his brz amp. thats why I suggested the SA line

Now, honestly, would i even get louder from switching out the earthquake to a sundown sa 15???

I can tell you it definitely won't. Maybe 2 sa-12's. But a single 15? LOL no

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?