Second Skin Audio

I guess I didn't design it right

So I guess my design wasn't good enough. I didn't think to much of it till I got the extra baffle on because that does effect the port. But it just seems like my sub should be playing lower. I am tuned to 29Hz, and anything from there and lower, is barely loud at all. My hole purpose of this build was to be able to reach down into the low 20's so I can get a feel for it as a daily driver and to see if I liked it at all for future preferences. From what I have learned on this forum, I believe I designed this properly, did I do something wrong?

Running off a MB QuartFX1.600 @ 2 ohms, seeing anywhere from 400-500 watts on a IVX-15 D4

Box2-2.png

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I was told by kevin himself since i am running almost dbl rms, to go 2.5Cu

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

2.5 ft3 for a 15" sub ? Been told by the owner ? :WTFBubble:

I'd rather have a bigger box and less power !!!

I've never seen any 15" liking 2.5 ft3 ported. At least 3ft3, but that's on the small side !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

My 12" btl is in a 2.5 ft3 ported box !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

It is indeed portup/subup, As far as port dimensions, I have always gone off of the height of the port being if your looking at the top of the box, so the depth of the outer dimensions on the program. i thought it might be a bit small, guess I was right.

Edit: I was told this by the owner of the company, so I thought that was the best place to ask for the design on their equipment.

Edited by RooTxBeeR

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

It is indeed portup/subup, As far as port dimensions, I have always gone off of the height of the port being if your looking at the top of the box, so the depth of the outer dimensions on the program. i thought it might be a bit small, guess I was right.

Edit: I was told this by the owner of the company, so I thought that was the best place to ask for the design on their equipment.

You are also at 1" from the sidewall so the port length is 44" so tuned a bit lower.

Edited by Joe X

What do you mean?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm