Sundown Audio

4 channel

alaskanzx5

ok so i am either gonna be running 4 punch pro tweets 2 per front door and 4 punch pro 6 2 per door or 2 tweets and 2 8s ( 1 tweet and 8 per door ).

looking at the t400.4 if i go with just 1 tweet and mid per door or 2 t400.2 one for the tweets and one for the mids if i go with 2 tweets and 2 mids per door.

my question is can you wire each channel of a 4 channel amp to a different ohm load? i have heard mixed replies from freinds about this and i just want to get the facts straight.

if i do 1 tweet per door and 1 8 per door then im gonna wire each speaker to its own channel but at the same time wouldnt that give both the tweets and the mid the same freq band? since it would be a 4 channel amp and i set it for high pass then the high pass filter would filter each channel just the same? or does front and rear channels on a 4 channel amp have their own filter?

im just trying to figure out the best way of doing this with out the use of a crossover just an amp and the h/u. incase it helps i plan on using the pioneer 80prs.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

For best results use 2 separate amps with the most power for the mids and a smaller amp for the tweeters.

Get something along the lines of 150w x 2 for the mids and 75w x 2 for the tweets, do not try to run different ohm loads on left and right channels but you should have no problem running different ohm loads from front to rear

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

the Front and Rear channels can get different ohm loads, but the left and right channels have to match each other.

example: you can have 4 ohms on front left and front right. and 2 ohms on rear left and rear right.

the Front and Rear channels can get different ohm loads, but the left and right channels have to match each other.

example: you can have 4 ohms on front left and front right. and 2 ohms on rear left and rear right.

ok, i was thinking to run the tweets on the front and the mids on the rear. so 2 4ohm 8" mids, according to the rockford site thats 90 watts each and then the tweets wired at 8 ohm but the website doesnt saying what the output is at 8 ohm? rockford tech would be able to answer that im sure of though. now since im gonna be using the 80 prs i can set it for 3 way active and run rcas from the high output to the front channel input on the amp and the mid output to the rear channel on the amp and set both the front and rear channel on the amp to highpass then set my filters on my h/u to where it sound good?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

then set up like that it would give me the option to add mids and highs droppingthe ohm load and increasing the power if i feel like the mids and highs still arent keeping up with the lows.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived