I had an issue where one of the relays had acted up and would buzz all the time so i had that replaced, no big deal.

Then i had a problem where in the cold sometimes both low beams would come on other times only one would so i had it looked into and it was a problem with my trucks electrical but that was fixed.

Then my one fog light had a broken lead wire and it would cause it to cut off when i was driving if i hit a bump so the light was replaced and it was fine.

While its amazing that FutureVision covered all of those replacements under warranty.. I want to avoid the issues as a whole. Maybe you just had bad luck, but I really dont want to take that risk.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Running TRS right now. Quality hardware and customer service. I've been happy with them

You went from DDM to TRS, correct? Are the ballasts the same wattage and bulb the same temp? Do you notice any difference (other than reliability)?

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

actually it was all what happened when i was installing them. The fog light i didnt notice but i crimped the wire so that broke it when i put them all in during the fall so it was cold outside to help break wires and stuff. For the relays those are easy plus with them they give you 2 relays, one for each light so you always have one light that works and it was a fluke thing for that. I never had a ballast go bad. For them not igniting when it was cold that was the problem with my voltage the stupid truck regulates the lights at. It doesnt always use the voltage that the rest of the electrical system has. For example if i have 14.4v, the headlights could be 14.4 or less for voltage. The trucks ECU restricts the voltage on the headlights apparently for the DRL's but i fixed that with a capacitor on the line to keep the voltage up.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

actually it was all what happened when i was installing them. The fog light i didnt notice but i crimped the wire so that broke it when i put them all in during the fall so it was cold outside to help break wires and stuff. For the relays those are easy plus with them they give you 2 relays, one for each light so you always have one light that works and it was a fluke thing for that. I never had a ballast go bad. For them not igniting when it was cold that was the problem with my voltage the stupid truck regulates the lights at. It doesnt always use the voltage that the rest of the electrical system has. For example if i have 14.4v, the headlights could be 14.4 or less for voltage. The trucks ECU restricts the voltage on the headlights apparently for the DRL's but i fixed that with a capacitor on the line to keep the voltage up.

Oh, so it all happened at once? That makes me feel better :) I like how the relays are individual.. I wish that was more common. Thanks for your review. Ill def keep FutureVision in mind.

Hyper LEDs... Very quality and at 70$ a steal.. Comes with relay to kill drl

That name sounds VERY familiar, and so do the pics! Do you know who owns the company? I feel like the guy is on here. This is gonna bug me now... lol

LMFAO so true

Running TRS right now. Quality hardware and customer service. I've been happy with them

You went from DDM to TRS, correct? Are the ballasts the same wattage and bulb the same temp? Do you notice any difference (other than reliability)?

Still running DDM ballasts since they work fine(for now). The bulbs seem like they are more accurate to color. My DDM 4500ks were like 4000 and 6000k.

Can't comment on reliability, I haven't had the kit for long. But verything seems higher quality though. Feels more solid: none of that 'chincy' feel, if that makes sense. Thicker wiring used all around too.

Their bulbs look pretty similar to this color chart, at least on my monitor

post-39925-0-49598000-1345253469_thumb.jpg

Oh, so it all happened at once? That makes me feel better :) I like how the relays are individual.. I wish that was more common. Thanks for your review. Ill def keep FutureVision in mind.

Hyper LEDs... Very quality and at 70$ a steal.. Comes with relay to kill drl

That name sounds VERY familiar, and so do the pics! Do you know who owns the company? I feel like the guy is on here. This is gonna bug me now... lol

he is on dsbp i know and gmt400 forum i have link in my sig

Yes everything happened all at once except for the relay. I think that just went out when it did because i didnt do the capacitor mod until the next year in the spring so the relay had a hell of a time making the ballasts work at full power.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Still running DDM ballasts since they work fine(for now). The bulbs seem like they are more accurate to color. My DDM 4500ks were like 4000 and 6000k.

Can't comment on reliability, I haven't had the kit for long. But verything seems higher quality though. Feels more solid: none of that 'chincy' feel, if that makes sense. Thicker wiring used all around too.

Their bulbs look pretty similar to this color chart, at least on my monitor

Hmm.. Im going to have to look more into reviews then. I like the price on those kits :)

Yes everything happened all at once except for the relay. I think that just went out when it did because i didnt do the capacitor mod until the next year in the spring so the relay had a hell of a time making the ballasts work at full power.

So the issue wasnt the ballast, but the factory wiring instead? kewl

LMFAO so true

Archived