In April I installed a 35 watt 5000k hid kit (with relays) from DDM Tuning. Immediately when testing the new lights, I realized that the right and left lights were different colors. One looked like 5000K and the other looked like 6000K. I wound up buying new bulbs from DDM.

A few weeks later, the left side of my car stopped working. I determined that the issue was a ballast. I ordered and installed it... problem fixed.

Tonight, I noticed that my right side is flickering. Im not spending ANY more money with DDM Tuning.

Where else should I look for BETTER kits. I want 35 watt ballasts with 5000k bulbs. My bulbs are 9006 (H4).

I was looking into the Morimoto kid from TRS (TheRetrofitSource) and the Xtreme kit from XenonDepot.

Honestly, price isnt a major issue. Im just tired of replacing parts that shouldnt be failing within a couple of months. Id just like to keep it <$200.

Thanks guys :good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

are you sure its not a electrical issue, or is it mounted in a area that is fully dry/doesnt bounce? ive had DDM tuning HIDs for over a year and never had your issue.. have you emailed and addressed the issue to them?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I've had this problem multiple times.. even sent my whole kit back only to get told that they're working fine and when i paid for shipping back it came and it was still fucked. i first became a ddm customer about 4 years ago.. back then they were actually selling good quality products.. as of lately idk what to say about them.. its a hit or miss.. and its been a lot of misses recently.. i've heard something about them moving their factory to china or something and maybe that's why.. but i don't like it..

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

futurevision but they are pretty expensive.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

are you sure its not a electrical issue, or is it mounted in a area that is fully dry/doesnt bounce? ive had DDM tuning HIDs for over a year and never had your issue.. have you emailed and addressed the issue to them?

I just had all my headlight wiring redone because of a short, so I doubt its an electrical issue. The ballasts dont mount and I dont see a possible way that they can get wet. I havent emailed them. To be honest, I dont want to. Once I get the new ballast, who knows what will go wrong then?

futurevision but they are pretty expensive.

Ill pay the $200 if I get quality stuff. I was actually looking at them, but noticed that they left SMD? That got me concerned. I was hoping it wasnt because of an actual problem with the products. I havent looked into it tho.

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Anything TRS sells is good, quality stuff. I'd for sure go with Morimoto. I'll never deal with any DDM Tuning shit again, the quality is horrible.

2011 Chevy Camaro
Pioneer AVH-P1400
AA Mayhem 12
Audioque 3500D.1
Knu 1/0

2000 Chevy Silverado

2 Sundown SA-15's

1 American Bass 200.1

Sky High 1/0

Stock Electrical..... FTL!

Anything TRS sells is good, quality stuff. I'd for sure go with Morimoto. I'll never deal with any DDM Tuning shit again, the quality is horrible.

Huh? What quality? <_<

I know that TRS was popular for projectors, but didnt know about their HID kits.

LMFAO so true

I have the Morimoto kit on mine and absolutely love them. Crazy bright and no issues at all. 50w 6000k ones with their upgraded harness

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

like bass stalker said futurevision is excellent but their prices are high however ive been running them for 2 years and only had a few minor problems but i had help and think they are all corrected. I bought 42mm H1 projectors with 4300k/35w bulbs for my low beams, 9005 4300k/35w ran off a 50w ballast for my high beams, 881 4300k/35w for my fog(really normal driving lights). I just within the past day upgraded my H1 bulbs to 8000k/50w off a 50w ballast and i had another brands relay kit break so i bought two relays from futurevision so that each ballast has its own dedicated relay.

I love the customer service i get with them. I only had to wait on my first order for 2 weeks but everything else i get from them i get within 6-7 days. I had an issue where one of the relays had acted up and would buzz all the time so i had that replaced, no big deal. Then i had a problem where in the cold sometimes both low beams would come on other times only one would so i had it looked into and it was a problem with my trucks electrical but that was fixed. Then my one fog light had a broken lead wire and it would cause it to cut off when i was driving if i hit a bump so the light was replaced and it was fine. All of that was covered under their warranty and was a great experience.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Running TRS right now. Quality hardware and customer service. I've been happy with them

Archived