Sonic Electronix

Hey guys i was looking on ebay and saw this sub, it says its imported from USA, so i thought i might ask u guys if its a big brand over there.

well heres the link,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-P-TEKNIQUE-ICBM...1QQcmdZViewItem

its a P-TEKNIQUE 2000W max subwoofer, 800WRMS, just wondering is it worth buying like 3 of them to use?

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

I dont know what $120 au dollars is compaired to us dollars, but if its around 120us, I wouldnt waste my money.

The subs are cheap, made to look good (like audiobahn) but worst performance (even tho performance is in their name).

I know a guy that had 2 of their best subs back in the day and they sounded like straight crap in his ford probe gt,

i know a guy that had some in a civic. they where decent loud for the price he paid, they sounded like crap though. he beat the shi7 out of them and they didnt blow, not yet anyways. yeah your infinities are better, just make a new box for em and you will be set. btw is the box your running a sealed common chamber? build a new ported box and you will be happy with its output compaired to your current box.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

dont buy it, its garbage :lol:

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

i posted a topic about building a box for my 2 12"s i don't know how to work the port out, osme1 has explained it but its to confusing i might go buy a twin 12 ported box from an audio store

ca-f2.jpg

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

Trust me, the infinity subs you have can get loud. You just need a good ported box to do it. I have the older model infinity reference series 12" subs, 2 of them. Powered by an orion 4002. I had it metered before on a much smaller amp and did a 137.9. They need right around 2 cu. ft. of air space each, tuned to around 37 or 38 hz. For us to help you design a box, we need to know the maximum dimensions you have available to fit a sub box in. We can design the box and figure port dimensions for you and all you have to do is cut the wood to the dimensions we give you and assemble. Also, port tuning is not something that is easily understood, so if you don't get it, it's ok.

ok ill go measure now, i only have Millimeter tape measure as im in Aus, is that ok?

ca-f2.jpg

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

You are buying a New P-Teknique High Power 2000W Subwoofer, model ICBM5912. Top of the range 12" Competition woofer designed for high power applications.

Directly imported from USA, now you can enjoy these great offerings from P-Teknique right here in Australia.

To find out more visit:

http://www.performance-teknique.com/

FEATURES:

2000w max power, 800w RMS

4 ohm

3" Heat Resistant Voice Coil

Huge Magnet Structure

Semi-Press Cone

Die-Cast Aluminum Basket

Flexible Rubber Surround

ChromeAluminium T-Yoke

Push Type Terminals

Frequency response 30Hz - 500Hz

Sensitivity 89dB

Specifications:

Mounting depth 189mm

Mounting hole diametre: 302.5mm

Net weight 17kg approx

Qts: 0.2952, Qes: 0.3102, Qms: 6.0907

Sd piston surface area: 0.0471mm

Vas: 29L

I see that was the first thing you said, Imported FROM usa, but no, they are not made here, maybe shipped to USA, and then shipping elsewhere, but they are definitly built in china

Other thing that caught my eye was the fact it has a HEAT resistant voice coil... ohhhh boyyy

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived