Second Skin Audio

Is this port noise?? Video

dkahns51

how about what amp and where is the subsonic set?

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

.6 cu frBox 31hz, sub sa8v1.5, 730 Rms tuned with DD-1 SQ track.

Great specs but not that, the external dimensions of the box, the dimensions of the port (H;W;L), the model of the amp.

Pick the subwoofer up and hold it. See if it still makes the noise

.6....... um, for an sa8? I'm not an expert, but I think you need a bit more air space. The sub itself takes up a bit of that in its self. But its motoming out, and there are standing waves inside the box. you can see it affects the cone, do you see how the cone ripples.... thats not good. if you can, try some polly fill. and at low volume, see what the impedence rise is before, and after. If you see a noticable decreese, the box is to small, and your choking the sub. again I'm not an expert in sub=enclosures, I'm just a rocket scientist.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

It makes the sound holding it in air too I just can't film it when I do it.

.6 is plenty of room for the sub. The ripple effect you are seeing is the camera effect.. It can't pick up the motion of the sub.

.6....... um, for an sa8? I'm not an expert, but I think you need a bit more air space. The sub itself takes up a bit of that in its self. But its motoming out, and there are standing waves inside the box. you can see it affects the cone, do you see how the cone ripples.... thats not good. if you can, try some polly fill. and at low volume, see what the impedence rise is before, and after. If you see a noticable decreese, the box is to small, and your choking the sub. again I'm not an expert in sub=enclosures, I'm just a rocket scientist.

0.5-0.75 NET is on manufacturer spec.

Archived