Second Skin Audio

Carbon Fiber Box, NEW AMP RACK PICS ADDED, Page 13!!!

go with the custom mechman youll thank youreself later also its not all that much more when ur already gona spend the coin on the other one

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

go with the custom mechman youll thank youreself later also its not all that much more when ur already gona spend the coin on the other one

What do they offer for a custom alt? And what are the drawbacks other than being more expensive? I'd like to have all my ducks in a row before calling them.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

May I politely ask what the fuck you do for a living?

^^^^^^ Thanks cleansierra, I appreciate the kind words.

LOL, I'll tell you only if you promise not to judge me.

I own a vending company and fill vending machines 3-4 days a week. About 85 machines total. Just a small operation that I run on my own with no employees, but I have several VERY good accounts. Then I own two hair salons. I built them both myself from empty commercial space including most of the furniture inside. My wife manages one and we have a hired manager for the other. 11 total employees there. I handle logistics and maintenance for the salons. Then, with the rest of my time I build CF motor plates for drag cars and Formica salon furniture, see pics below of our second salon, which opened on June 30th of this year....

024.jpg

pics of females that work at these salons ? :unknw:

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

You know that somewhere, some SPL competitor with a lot of trophies is crying in a corner because you figured out his carbon fiber secret. Nice numbers.

Well, it's not official till it gets on the termlab

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Very awesome job Captain. I know this being the first box, there's always what you learned in the process for improving if you decide to do another box, or even to do a box for someone.

To the person that said it, carbon fiber is actually being used in audio equipment. Some high end components have the cone as carbon fiber cones, and some baskets for weight saving.

I can see a complete box created completely out of carbon fiber being way more structurally sound than if it was built out of wood and significantly lighter.

Also, carbon fiber might be something to consider using when wanting to reinforce a vehicle's interior without having the weight drawbacks of using materials like wood, body dampeners, foam fillers, etc. Also, in a way a carbon fiber wrapped roof would look awesome as all get out!

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

You know that somewhere, some SPL competitor with a lot of trophies is crying in a corner because you figured out his carbon fiber secret. Nice numbers.

That might actually be kinda close to the truth. This box is rigid as all hell. Seriously, it feels nearly as stout as concrete and is just as dead. The big difference? I estimate this box to weigh about 180 pounds empty, while a concrete box of equal size might be 800 pounds or more. It doesn't vibrate one little bit and there isn't any internal bracing at all. can't wait to show it off in Marysville on the 6/7th. Might be a pioneering new design that helps take the car audio game one more step UP!

I can smell a new trend......carbon fiber reinforced SPL boxes!!! Get in line fellas, first come, first served!

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

That might actually be kinda close to the truth. This box is rigid as all hell. Seriously, it feels nearly as stout as concrete and is just as dead. The big difference? I estimate this box to weigh about 180 pounds empty, while a concrete box of equal size might be 800 pounds or more. It doesn't vibrate one little bit and there isn't any internal bracing at all. can't wait to show it off in Marysville on the 6/7th. Might be a pioneering new design that helps take the car audio game one more step UP!

I can smell a new trend......carbon fiber reinforced SPL boxes!!! Get in line fellas, first come, first served!

Hey, you never know! Pricey pricey though; however those with money will go for it, maybe you could sell to high-end audio/custom shops.

I'm gonna hate

Hey, you never know! Pricey pricey though; however those with money will go for it, maybe you could sell to high-end audio/custom shops.

I know there are those that will spend $3000 on two subs, but I highly doubt there would be much market for a $2000-4000 subwoofer box. Although I do have a guy with two 12s on less than 1000 watts who contacted me last week and wants one....lol. Ya never know. I know for certain that if I ever sold one it would have to be done alot nicer than this box.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

Archived