Second Skin Audio

Carbon Fiber Box, NEW AMP RACK PICS ADDED, Page 13!!!

did a mod change his name, or did he choose captain stupid, just saying, but it does look pretty cool

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

did a mod change his name, or did he choose captain stupid, just saying, but it does look pretty cool

Nope, I'm a newbie. Fresh off the turnip truck. :D

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

That 5oz CF weave mat is 30.00 a yrd

And why you are using some 200.00 a gal resin is stupid

Dont believe me thats fine.

But save yourself alot of cash next time and order from uscomposites.com.

Lol

They have everrything you need.

And were did you put 2 gal of resin on that box?

You must just waste almost everything you do.

I can CF all the sides on that box for 450.00

Total

Look man, I've never stepped on any of your threads and called you names. Why are you coming in here and doing that to me? Aren't you a moderator? Don't you ban or scold others for doing that shit? Don't come here being a dick to me and having your buddy do the same thing two hours later just because you don't like how much money I spent on my project. You are the only two people in this thread to say ANYTHING negative. Maybe you should give yourselves a time-out? My finances are none of your fucking business. Step the fuck off. And you are also a shop owner? Pathetic. Get a fucking life. Yeah, sure you could do the box for $450, with one layer of carbon only on the outside, which would have ZERO structural benefits. You're missing the entire point of the project. Now you say $450 in carbon and before you said $350 in materials, obviously you don't have a god damn clue. Also, for your information this is a 60" roll of CF, not 50". 60" is $37/yard+tax = right around $40/yard. I'm not building this box for a customer, nor am I charging anyone for my time or materials, so why do you think you need to come in here and start giving me shit?

You've shown your true colors as a human being and I would appreciate it if you would stop posting in my thread unless it is to apologize for being an asshole. This thread is for information and you are sullying it. As a moderator, is this how you welcome new members who want to contribute build stories?

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

That 5oz CF weave mat is 30.00 a yrd

And why you are using some 200.00 a gal resin is stupid

Dont believe me thats fine.

But save yourself alot of cash next time and order from uscomposites.com.

Lol

They have everrything you need.

And were did you put 2 gal of resin on that box?

You must just waste almost everything you do.

I can CF all the sides on that box for 450.00

Total

Look man, I've never stepped on any of your threads and called you names. Why are you coming in here and doing that to me? Aren't you a moderator? Don't you ban or scold others for doing that shit? Don't come here being a dick to me and having your buddy do the same thing two hours later just because you don't like how much money I spent on my project. You are the only two people in this thread to say ANYTHING negative. Maybe you should give yourselves a time-out? My finances are none of your fucking business. Step the fuck off. And you are also a shop owner? Pathetic. Get a fucking life. Yeah, sure you could do the box for $450, with one layer of carbon only on the outside, which would have ZERO structural benefits. You're missing the entire point of the project. Now you say $450 in carbon and before you said $350 in materials, obviously you don't have a god damn clue. Also, for your information this is a 60" roll of CF, not 50". 60" is $37/yard+tax = right around $40/yard. I'm not building this box for a customer, nor am I charging anyone for my time or materials, so why do you think you need to come in here and start giving me shit?

You've shown your true colors as a human being and I would appreciate it if you would stop posting in my thread unless it is to apologize for being an asshole. This thread is for information and you are sullying it. As a moderator, is this how you welcome new members who want to contribute build stories?

I think Ray was just trying to help by giving you a site to go to, and I'm pretty sure he does "have a god damn clue". I think you got too angry over nothin, man.

Anyway, this is really cool, I believe I read the whole topic but I must have missed it...What subs are you throwing in this beastly box?

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Fuck what people say, its your money its your build, if they got a problem with how much you put into it then they can go fuck themselves. Mods are the reason why I barely come onto this site, I logged in just to show you some support and to tell you that I can't wait to see how this box comes out! I'm definitely tuned in!

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

I think Ray was just trying to help by giving you a site to go to, and I'm pretty sure he does "have a god damn clue". I think you got too angry over nothin, man.

Anyway, this is really cool, I believe I read the whole topic but I must have missed it...What subs are you throwing in this beastly box?

I'm sure he does have a clue, just obviously not about what I have going on here. I've seen his work and he appears to do nice stuff from the pictures I've seen. But how would he feel if I came onto one of his build threads and told him he was "stupid", "wasting material" and that I could do the same thing for less than 1/4 of what the actual materials cost? He'd be just as pissed as I am. And HE is a moderator!!

He says he could wrap the box in CF for $450? He must have missed the part where I said everything was getting four or more layers inside and out, as well as reinforcement on all corners. I haven't calculated it out yet, but that is somewhere between 25-35 yards to wrap this thing inside and out in CF. Even at his mistaken 50-inch roll price of $30 a yard and my low estimate of 25 yards, that is a minimum of $750 in fabric alone and he says he could do the whole thing for $450? And I wasn't pissed when he came here to throw the first jab. I shrugged it off even though I knew he was being coy. But when he follows it up with his buddy a couple of hours later and then throws another jab this morning, he obviously has an issue with something and he needs to knock it off.

Subs are RE SX 18s and will be powered by a Fosgate T2500bd.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

I think the "buddy" you're referring to was the forum asshole. He got that name for a reason lol

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived