Please Explain A Normally Open Relay VS. Normally Closed

first you have to understand what a relay is it is a electrically controlled switch

normally open means that the relay (switch) is open as in the contactors inside the switch are open line in has power but line out does not until the relay is energized

normally closed means that the relay (switch) is closed as in the contactors inside the switch are closed line in has power and line out does too until the relay is energized

this is the simplest way i can put it

i work with relays at work that have multiple functions with multiple switches inside that are NC/NO in different parts of the relay

you win some, you lose some

What car is this alarm going in to?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

What car is this alarm going in to?

I think its his 96-99 chevy k1500

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

+ locks in driver kick

White and lt blue

No relays needed

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

+ locks in driver kick

White and lt blue

No relays needed

It's a 95 chevy k1500. I tried direct wiring without a relay and it didn't work. Instructions say they are extremely low current.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

first you have to understand what a relay is it is a electrically controlled switch

normally open means that the relay (switch) is open as in the contactors inside the switch are open line in has power but line out does not until the relay is energized

normally closed means that the relay (switch) is closed as in the contactors inside the switch are closed line in has power and line out does too until the relay is energized

this is the simplest way i can put it

i work with relays at work that have multiple functions with multiple switches inside that are NC/NO in different parts of the relay

Okay it's starting to make more sense. How do I determine which relay I need tho. And can you give me an example of where you could use each in a vehicle??

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram4.html I wired it like that and it didnt work! this is god damn irritating. My door locks are reverse polarity. When I do it like that and push the button on my alarm I can hear the relays switching, but the locks dont switch. Also as soon as the power and ground are hooked to the relays then the push locks stop working and as soon as they are un plugged they work again. What is going wrong?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Archived