This is kinda against the rules, Sorry but need help....

shogen

So I know, I know.... "no VS threads" .... Not totally sure whether this completely falls under that but here we go....

So, I've realized I made the wrong decision for tweeters in my car... LPG aluminum tweets .... Cannot be crossed lower than 4k and that is with lower power/lower volume.... 5k is much better.... This will not work for me anymore... I've learned that now and need to move onto something better for me...

Currently using my Pioneer HU for active setup and going through a MB Quart 4.125 ....

I am looking at these guys:

Vifa NE25VTS-04

Specifications: • Power handling: 80 watts RMS/160 watts max • VCdia: 1" • Impedance: 4 ohms • Re: 3.1 ohms • Frequency response: 777-25,000 Hz • Fs: 777 Hz • SPL: 92.0 dB 2.83/1m • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 2.6", Cutout diameter: 1.9", Depth: 1.6"

Morel CAT 378

Specifications: • Power handling: 200 watts RMS/280 watts max • VCdia: 1-1/8" • Impedance: 8 ohms • DC resistance: 5.2 ohms • Frequency response: 1,800-20,000 Hz • Fs: 700 Hz • SPL: 93 dB 1W/1m • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 3.70", Cutout diameter: 2.83", Depth: 2.32"

I have been eyeballing the Vifa for quite some time now but not pulling the trigger just yet.... The Morel came up in another thread and I saw that the specs were similar but it's advertised as a sort of "hyrid" tweeter .. My biggest problem is not install or anything... But which would be louder on the power given... Not that I want to be heard from farther away but I want to have more headroom as far as EQ and balancing without much struggle... I'm looking to improve the clarity and range...I do not have a specific driver to match up with it yet but any suggestions would be great... And wondering if I can fit an 7-8" mid to pair with it... .Help I'm lost....

Music tastes:

John Legend John Legend Again
Slick Rick
Dir En Grey Gorillaz

Highly suggest you guys check out the music I listen to so you know what I'm after.... It's really wide and I'd like to be able to play it all....

Any and all help much appreciated....!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I'm running those Vifa tweeters in my car and I love them. They get loud as hell and stays crisp and clear. I'm far from an audiophile so take this with a grain of salt but I think there a little bright. I can't really speak on the morel tweeters because I never heard a pair in person but I've never heard any thing bad about morel.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Thanks guys... I'm hoping it's not really against the rules... I'm not doing a straight up "which is better" or "this VS that" thread.... But Thanks for the input MikeG ...

I'm sure there are many tweeters out there but I narrowed it down due to the fact I've seen the VIfa talked of alot but I don't know if the "soft dome horn tweeter" can get louder....

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

I'm running those Vifa tweeters in my car and I love them. They get loud as hell and stays crisp and clear. I'm far from an audiophile so take this with a grain of salt but I think there a little bright. I can't really speak on the morel tweeters because I never heard a pair in person but I've never heard any thing bad about morel.

BTW, what hifonics are you powering the tweeters with? Are you using any separate processing besides the HU and amp?

I running the zxi6406. I built some passive crossovers and I believe the tweeters are crossed at 3.5khz ( think I should have gone around 4.5khz) For my rebuild I plan on running crescendos 4 channel and using it's on board crossovers and finally putting some real power to my mids and highs.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

I running the zxi6406. I built some passive crossovers and I believe the tweeters are crossed at 3.5khz ( think I should have gone around 4.5khz) For my rebuild I plan on running crescendos 4 channel and using it's on board crossovers and finally putting some real power to my mids and highs.

Why did you cross so high? And why do you want to go higher?

Maybe you're crossover isn't cutting at a high enough slope???

Change if from a vs thread to "what would suit my application better and why" that way its a very specific question.... I did it and mods where fine with it

But with your question.... both look damn good

What amp tho? The vast difference between the power handleing ones 4 ohms ones 8 and do you have 50rms at 4 ohms or do you have 150 at 4 ohms?

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Change if from a vs thread to "what would suit my application better and why" that way its a very specific question.... I did it and mods where fine with it

But with your question.... both look damn good

What amp tho? The vast difference between the power handleing ones 4 ohms ones 8 and do you have 50rms at 4 ohms or do you have 150 at 4 ohms?

It's a mb quart 4x125 @ 4ohms. So that's really it. But if there's something better I'll look into it. I'm not bound to those I posted.

Archived