Essentially getting my car "stolen"

Jesus the police force around LA is even more annoying than i thought. Street sweeping on wednesdays, moved my car to a different street last night and I go to move it back at 630 this morning and it was gone, freaking out i drive around the block to make sure I didnt miss it and then call my mom to make sure she didnt have it, nope. I learned from a neighbor it had just gotten towed about 20 minutes before, I couldnt have been more relieved, or so I had thought. I called the police's regular number and get on with some lady who knows nothing about a recent call for a tow, and then tells me it would take a few DAYS to be in the system?!?!?!?! WTF are my tax dollars doing? Anyway I knew the only way I was going to get any answers was finding the place myself, well apparently they use multiple companies and nobody could give me any straight answers without being there in person??!!?? :bsflag::jon: still cant even comprehend how they created such a moronic system. So i figured well then I guess ill file a police report, thats sure to get me an answer soon enough, oh well what do you know, 20 seconds into my call and after the license plane only she goes "uhmm MrTenfelder our records show we have had your vehicle towed and is currently impounded and waiting for a pickup" :orly3: That was hard...............couldnt have just told me earlier? Im literally at a loss for words about the system thats in place or how it works at all. I ask OK well why was it towed and she says that a resident called at 530 and complained that he was blocked from getting out of the spot?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?! :huh2::WTFBubble: :WTFBubble: :WTFBubble::huh2: IS THAT EVEN FUCKIN LEGAL??????? BLOCKED IN???? Its a street corner where 3 cars can park, there were NO cars when i got there, I pull forward all the way to make room but leave like 2 feet in front of me for the driveway, and obviously some people parked behind me and that idiot obviously tried to park too close to me because whoever parked behind him was close enough for this guy to not be able to get out, and I get towed for it? makes sense....................................................I mean there no way that can be allowed can it be? I only just learned about it few hours ago, and I cant find anything that says they can do that or not. how could they determine it was me and not the guy behind his car? I've never heard such a preposterous story over the most BS facts. So everyone can break the law about driveways and fire hydrants but not get a ticket or towed, but some idiot parks close to me and I get towed. So now Im sure when i pick it up its gonna cost my ass a fortune anyway.

Does anyone know anything about the towing laws???? I asked the officer and she said it was not their jurisdiction because they hire the company, its not actually part of the police force so she wouldnt know that rules for that. And i cant find them anywhere.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

1-Damn. Sorry to hear man. Probably someone who just wanted to park there. "Uhm yeah, this car is blocking the drive-way" *watches car get towed then pulls into spot*. 2- I looked a little for any help for ya but I didn't find much. Just found things about towing cars, like for transportation purposes. Max dimensions and weight and all. Nothing about laws. I would imagine though, something like california.gov or something. Maybe it'd have to be more specific and whatever city you're in (I know you said LA but maybe you're in suburb) has a site.

No matter what though man, sounds....like a retarded police force. But that's America. Abused by the system and pay for the system.

Sheena = pedobear

I have literally never been so heated about anything before, I just got my check too and I bought my mom a motorcycle with everything I have and now i dont have anything to get my car out, you shoulda heard me on the phone with this operator lady, she musta been straight from the academy of idiots who dont know their own system. I mean my god she was clueless and it only wasted 2 hours of my time for absolutely no new information than what my neighbor said. So i can make calls all day to the police about my neighbors blocking my driveway and their CONSTANT noise all day and night, but nothing effective happens? and I get towed on this 100% crap call? alright just wanted to make sure i was understanding the situation....

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

False claims? By chance, is there anyone nearby with a security camera that can proove you were blocking them in? I'd get some more info on the call and get a copy of the dash cam. At least make whoever called it in reimburse you for impound fees, etc.

Well in that case, there's about...well, everyone in this fucking apartment complex, because there are people who have a need to save 3 feet to each side because they can't park a fucking truck right...damn Ford's.

POTATO!

False claims? By chance, is there anyone nearby with a security camera that can proove you were blocking them in? I'd get some more info on the call and get a copy of the dash cam. At least make whoever called it in reimburse you for impound fees, etc.

Well in that case, there's about...well, everyone in this fucking apartment complex, because there are people who have a need to save 3 feet to each side because they can't park a fucking truck right...damn Ford's.

Nobody has any cameras around here, only moron neighborhood watch idiots that somehow only catch people violating trashcan rules, and they wont tell me who called it in as confidential information. what the hell? I'm pretty sure you have to tell me who it is in light of the fact that i make take his ass to small claims court and use all the shit I learned in

AP Government for once. Ridiculous!

I missed Alan.

Essentially, I hope every fuckface who gets stuck because of their own parking flaws gets struck by lighting while being eaten by a great white shark after having a soda machine fall on them during a heart attack in a crashing elevator full of anthrax and HIV infected needles, and then followed up with a brain aneurysm.

I missed Alan.

Archived