No HO Alternators for my car!

Ok heres the situation i have a 1994 mitsubishi eclipse gs 2.0 and i got a 120 amp alt last year but as the trend goes i nebigger! Unfortunitly i can not find anything bigger for this car! Any assistance would be appreciated! Just so u know im wanting to go well over 5k rms

If i'm not mistaken the dodge neon and eclipse share the same alt so i would look into ones for the neon as well, the down side though is if it has a 4 rib belt there won't be any real high output alts made for it since a 4 rib isn't capable of handling that power and you will be limited to around 150a.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

If i am limited to 150 amps... can i supply all that power from bats alone? Right now my altcar is charging 2 hc2400s and a starting bat... id need atleast 1 2 more hc 2500s for what i want to run... will it maintain all those bats?

• 2 weeks later...

We offer a 150 amp and 240 amp large case conversion kit for that car, it is a special order item, so we don't promote it on our website. The 240 will slip the belt some when at full load, but some people opt to run it anyway.

The main advantage is that ours is a large housing unit, so when at actual operating temp, and when installed on the car, even the 150 amp unit will put more juice into the batteries than a 120 amp unit based on the stock small case housing. Also, our 150 amp unit makes almost full output at idle, so that is a big plus also...

Just give us a call or e-mail if you want to know more: [email protected] 865-522-6166

Archived