Second Skin Audio

Do subs need to warm up?

J R

Just simple stuff. 2 12" Pioneer step-up shallow mounts in a box with .8cube sealed per behind the seats. The subs are 400rms each. Kicker ZX750.1 amp. Knu 4 gauge. Just a simple 3.5 farad cap. Yellow top up front. Stock H/O 145 amp alternator.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Was the mirror in direct sunlight on your ride there when the mirror was moving a lot? My mirror likes to pivot with ease when the sun has been on it for a few hours to loosen up the ball on the mirror where it moves around. When it cools down the mirror is harder to move and slight hits from like my mids wont really phase the mirror as it would if it was super hot from being in direct sunlight. I never play with my mirror much other than when i get the feeling to crank my sub up i take the screw sitting in my center console and unscrew the mirror, take it down and slam away. I have broken 2 windshields already from keeping the mirror on and having it take a chunk of glass off with it when it breaks free and then spider out a bit from there.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

No not at all it was much quieter, I noticed as soon as the bass kicked in. The mirror was just more that made me wonder. I just went out and played them for a little while with a buddy and they are back moving my mirror down after a while with it being much cooler and night time. These subs legitly like to be warmed up I guess? It's really weird to have them quiet down a bit then be back loud.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Same thing with what seems like every setup I've ever had. Its weird and dont really make sense, but I just need to play them medium to loud volume for like 5 minutes and then they are good to go but if I just go and crank it to the max it doesn't seem no where near as loud.

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Theoretically subs need to wram up before overpowering them (such as amplifiers also) so that you have a smooth transition in temperatures and protect their voice coils (metals obey the law of shrinkage-expansion). In practice, we have seen that you can hit bigger numbers in sound pressure levels while overpowering your voice coil when it is cold than when it is warm. That's why there is a difference in official and unofficial term lab measurements (has to do also on how charged are your batteries and how cold are your amplifiers and we are talking about a tone). Also, practice has shown us that you can overpower your voice coils several times without damaging it when it is cold for very shot time (damage comes when overpowering on the same watts for much time due to high temperatures). This is against theory.

So to sum up, I am a person that believes in theory and.

a ) If I am to play music I overpower x2 (and after a while could wo to x3 but not for too much time) having my amps and speakers-subs warmed up.

b ) If I am to play a tone I overpower x4 with everything cold.

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

i have a truck like yours and my mirror flexes like crazy when the sun is on it for a while or when it gets hot out. maybe you parked in the shade but try it again when its hot and it might do it.

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

• 1 year later...

The density of the air in the sealed enclosures might have something to do with it?

Once warmed up the density decreases and that might allow for more travel and with that more bass?

^^^ This is just a guess.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

i have lil problem well atleast i think its a problem my 12" rockford fosgate p1 gets warm right in the middle if i touch it, is it ok or bad ?

Clip city bitch

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Archived