Second Skin Audio

4 DC 18"s Wall. Designed by RAM Designs. Need some Help.

That1Kid

This is the baffle design:

boxdesign.png

I have a few questions that I could use some help with. This is gonna be my first time building an enclosure on my own.

-How do I determine where exactly to cut the mounting holes, and how do I measure the beauty cutout around the woofers?

-How do I make sure that the holes are all aligned?

-How should I go about cutting the port?

Thanks guys.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

whats the issue,

you payed good money for a design and help should come along with it

but as i can see, all the questions you have asked are clearly drawn in the pic above,

54x 42" is the sheet required

the centre of the sub cutout is 11" in 11"up from the bottom left corner

the sub above is 11" in 11" down from top left corner and 20" apart from bottom sub

as for the radius of the nice swirly pieces

before you cut the panel to size, cut you holes out with a plunge router, and radius guide

with that done on all 4 holed, mark 10" up 10" out (as 20" between sub) and use that as a centre reference, with the router still set at the same radius, as before centre it on the 10 in, 10 out and cut until it touches the sub OD cut outs,

as for cutting the port out you can use a plunge router with a spiral upcut bit and bearing guid on the bottom, that way you just drill a hole drop the router bit in it and push it up to the port wall and it only remove material that is between the cutter and bearing OD, the bearing will run along the port wall ID and give you a smooth and accurate cut exactly to port,

most of the router attachments will come in a kit of 12-16 bits you can get from about $40, from hardware store,

there are better and more expensive kits or separate bits available but most of theses kits will build you a number of boxes before the break or go blunt,

whats it going in? is that the only pic u got? how big is the port? i saw ram designs and i was tthinking this was gonna be all elaborate and sh looks good tho

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

the few ram designs i that i got copies of, come with 2 or 3 drawing and written instructions of how to build it,

also my main concern in the build would be the kerf in both rear corners for the port, or do you just plane on using 4 or 6" pvc cut at 90deg and glassed in,

He requested that I notch some PVC into the port corner, so I did that as well as the left side of the chamber. This was obviously not the only design image that came with it, and they are all full-screen size, so it's much easier to see the measurements. The flush baffle design was just done for effect. He requested a flush baffle, so I gave him enough room to do it however he liked...a plain square would obviously work fine as well, I just added a little flare to it since he did not request a certain look.

Like John said, the center points for the sub cutouts are clearly marked at 11" from the top and bottom corners, and then 20" to the right for the other pair of cutouts. Easiest way to do the port cutout is to first cut the main chink of MDF out with a jigsaw, then finish out with a router using a flush trim bit. Or, if you're pretty good with the jigsaw, you may only need some sanding to make it nice and smooth(MDF sands pretty easily). For the flush cutout, just use the center points listed and draw some 19" diameter circles and join them together with straight lines along the top/bottom/sides for a basic flush baffle look.

David, you could have easily emailed me with any questions that you had, and I would have been glad to help you out.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

great and easy info for a first starter. RAM u do some good work man

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I know ryan. I just didn't want to blow you up with questions. I had already asked you several. I have everything figured out now. I have everything figured out now.

Ya guys, I have several different pics from different angles with all measurements. This dude does great work and he has been extremely helpful. I just wanted to give him a break from answering my noob questions. I recommend anyone who needs a design to go with ram. He emails me back very quickly with answers to all questions I ask.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

I know ryan. I just didn't want to blow you up with questions. I had already asked you several. I have everything figured out now. I have everything figured out now.

Ya guys, I have several different pics from different angles with all measurements. This dude does great work and he has been extremely helpful. I just wanted to give him a break from answering my noob questions. I recommend anyone who needs a design to go with ram. He emails me back very quickly with answers to all questions I ask.

Thanks. I'm here to help you with whatever you may need. Don't worry about emailing me with what you think might be a stupid/noob question, it's my job to make sure you are on the right page with everything. Good luck with the build, should be a fun one!

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived