Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

so i havent been on here in a while. Thats mainly because i have been busy trying things to help my knees to avoid having to get surgery... As i am 20 years old knee surgery basically screws me over when it comes to sports. :(

I have very severe patellar tendonitis. Its to the point that my patellar tenen gets micro tares in it all the time, all day, while im just sitting there, and then they heal and tare again. It kills me to walk up steps... kills me to play basketball and tennis, Its even so bad that if im sitting with my knees bent for more than 20minutes they begin to hurt like they are being cut off. So i have tried everything to help.

Then my Doc said surgery is the last option. So i had it last friday. they basically go in threw the front of the patellar tendon and clean up any bad tissue of the back of it, make a small cut in the patella and then sow me back up.... I have a job and school right now. So i am having them done 1 at a time. So i can still drive within a week or so.

Here is the first one. My left.

558434_3710439401920_1444774163_n.jpg

One thing that the doctor told me to expect but i didnt really thing it would be like this... He said because of the place they have to make the incision, and because of where the nerves in your knee are, I have a good 2 by 2 area on the outside of my knee that is numb. And will be like that basically forever.

Its stupid tight and i have very very little movement in it right now. And hurts pretty good still... Im not looking forward to getting the right done and being out for another few months.

Just figured i'd share whats going on in my life.... Oh and this is the second and third surgery i am having this year. :/

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg
Posted

Sorry to hear this, I hope it works out well for you in the end. I know knee surgery is a pain in the ass, it's been a year since mine and I definitely don't feel 100% and doubt I ever will. that numbness lasted a while for me too, and I got feeling back, but I had a different surgery than you did.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Posted

Sucks that you're having this done so young. My left knee has been 'cleaned up/scoped' once. My right knee has been scoped 3 times and I finally had a full replacement of the MCL and ACL, and rebuild of the miniscus. This last procedure was done by German doctors, and let me tell you, the shit is crazy.

Two weeks before the rebuild, they did a scope and removed a bunch of miniscus and other cartilage cells. These cells reproduced in a lab for two weeks and were used to repair the miniscus and cartilage in and around the knee joint.

For the MCL/ACL, they removed pieces of the large ligaments of my hamstring, cutting them lengthwise, and used those pieces to completely replace the damaged knee ligaments.

I have been having issues with the knees lately again, but I believe it has to do with my age and powerlifting background.

Just keep up with whatever rehab they have you doing, especially range of motion exercises. Hopefully, you can fully recover.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Damn sucks to hear that bro, kinda scared me when you said that your knees hurt that bad if you kept them bent for more than 20min, I have that same issue, but I can walk up steps fine. Playing sports for a long period of time also messes with my knees but I think my problem is mainly because I'm overweight. Makes me wonder how bad my knees really are.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

I had my ACL repaired and have a similar cut like that on my knee, only mine is on the bottom side of my knee. That was 15 years ago and I still have numb spots! Not a very big deal though.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

Never say that you're "out of the game"... Look at Peyton. Had 4 surgeries on his neck, missed an entire year, came back and put up stellar numbers against a damn good defense. I realize that's a completely different scenario as not a pro but... after those type of surgeries, should be just a coach, scout, something. It'll take work, rehab, and motivation but after all said and done, you'll be good man. Just have faith in yourself!

Sheena = pedobear

Posted

You didn't ask the doctor to take pics of your knee open?!

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

he probably did but i did NOT want to see that shit. lol.. yeah they dont have me doing any rehab profesionally. I was told to move at my own pace when it comes to walking, bending stretching. etc. I just really wanna get back on the court. I havent played basketball in like 6 months because of all of these methods we have been trying.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3190 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...