Second Skin Audio

Ported Enclosure for 50Hz Sub? Heellpp!

fastlane

Hello,

I have a Subwoofer that is 12" 3" Voice Coil, 153Oz Magnet and plays 1000 RMS. I am having a hard time finding a Enclosure "Ported" that this Sub can play very well in, weather its Music daily pounding to rickin it lous in bass ballin.

My problem is this, I have tried figuring a Enclosure, I have tried, 1.6 Cu.ft tuned at 39Hz and it sounds ok, but on some notes the Sub bottoms out and you can hear the V.C pop or something.. I have tried 1.4 Cu.ft tuned at 44Hz and it sound great again, but when I turn up the Vol it bottoms out bad on low notes.

Now I just tried a New Enclosure @ about 1.9-2.0 Cu ft. tuned to 35Hz and it sounds great again, even better then the last, and the first, but when i turn it up and low low bass notes hit, i am still hearing the Sub bottom out bad.. I am lost.. Can someone take the TS Parametters and figure this monster out and come up with a enclosure that will work. Please also enclude the cuts for the Enclosure and port with tuning. Help me guys!!!!!

TS Parametters,

FMS (49.6 - 50)

QES (0.74)

QTS (0.67)

VAS (9.6 L ) or (0.3 in ft.)

If you need more Factors let me know and I can give you what I have..

I am stumped on this one, please someone help me figure this out and come up with an Ported Enclosure Design that will work and bottom out!

Thanks

Joe

Audio Element Designs "A new level of Sound"

The Sub is a Sample sub from Audio Element Designs, a new Company starting by a Friend of mine. The Amplifier is a 1700.1 monoblock with a 160A ANL Fuse, this also is a Sample Amplifier from Audio Element Designs, my friend gave them to me to try out and test.

I have the Amplifier Lowpass about almost half a quarter up, the subsonic filter at about a quart way up, level up just under half way on the dail, bass boost just a hair pass the half way on the dail. everything was tuned with the DD-1

The Amplifier can push more power, and the sub plays louder, but I believe that Amplifier will be Distorted, because as I said, the DD-1 was used.

I also dailed the HU Pioneer some that vol can go up to about 20 on the dail, which is loud, but I am getting the Bottoming out at around Vol 15, and when low Bass notes hit, its weird because I play Bass Ballin and the Sub really moves, and some times I am afraid that the sub will just pop off the frame lol..

I will look at re-setting the Amplifier, to see if that helps, is their a way to test the Power output of the Amplifier with a Digital Multimeter? almost like a bench test? I have never really done it..

So I tried re-setting the Amplifier, everything seems, better, I also lowered the Level, but I still have too much movement and it still bottoms out Grrrr.. About to kick this Sub right in the balls hahaha

Archived