Second Skin Audio

Your Opinions/Input on sub stage for burb?

dog24fret

We reached a compromise for a system for the 99 gmc burb. I'm looking at doing 2 prefered 4 10's. She's wants Fosgate r2d2 subs sealed on the back doors. I have thought of SA dual 2 10's e stock. Without making this a versus thread just want to know if both will do well in this vehicle. She wants to save as much of the cargo as possiable. They will be ran at rated power. The other part is I'm wanting to try 4th order that I've seen done. Or will a regular ported box be better in this type of vehicle? Please don't make it a vs thread I just want real world pros and cons for the possiable set ups in the burb. Thanks.

Not worried about which is louder it'll be loud no matter what. Just need help which will provide greater flexibility.

The 10's won't take a ton of room to do what they need to, i would go up to the P2 series instead of the primes as the prime are the lowest entry level and may not stand up to the abuse that i'm sure will occur over time.

I'm running a pair of the P2D2's on a 500w alpine and like em, although i wanted something else i had a store credit that was burning a hole in my pocket and don't regret my purchase.

Ported box all the way, sealed is a good option to go with if your extremely tight on space and need every square inch.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Yea that's why I was looking at 10's to save space. Prefered much larger lol. I'll check them out the wife actually went to the local shop and listen to the prime subs and liked them. After the sales person pissed her off she told them what she wanted and how she wanted it. She told what the sale person said and that he apologized to her saying he just thought she wouldn't know anything about it. He got a taste of what I live with ha ha ha. Something that will last awhile is defenitly the priority.

SA 8v2 less space and you can beat the hell out of them

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Thanks guys I forgot about the 8. I didn't even look at the prices on the sa series just figured they would be too far out of a possible budget. I can live with the prices on both shocked actually on how affordable. No entry level this time gonna get the 8's. Just curious why do some 10's take 2 ft3 and bigger where others take only 1-1.25 ft3. Never really dug into why until now. Thanks again everyone.

Need help with the 8's their is two types of them. The sa 8 and the sa v2 8 the first is cheaper than the second. I only have what I have seen on here to go by. Dose it matter which one I go with for a either 4th order or ported box?

Archived