DC Sound Lab

XL M2's making flap flap type noise on low note of Put On Decaf remix?

The noise is not tinsel slap. The XLs come with sewn lead and there is no need for the felt pads. I highly doubt that you would hear the leads with the subs mounted inside of the box. Without hearing it for myself, the best guess I can give you is just from my own experience and I am going to say you were playing too far out of tuning and that caused the sound. If you want to play down to 25hz, then you need to tune the box that low. I wouldnt play the same songs just to see what happens, play regular,unboosted, music that doesnt drop into the mid 20s and see if the sound goes away. This may also solve your smell issue.

The noise is not tinsel slap. The XLs come with sewn lead and there is no need for the felt pads. I highly doubt that you would hear the leads with the subs mounted inside of the box. Without hearing it for myself, the best guess I can give you is just from my own experience and I am going to say you were playing too far out of tuning and that caused the sound. If you want to play down to 25hz, then you need to tune the box that low. I wouldnt play the same songs just to see what happens, play regular,unboosted, music that doesnt drop into the mid 20s and see if the sound goes away. This may also solve your smell issue.

Well on non decaf songs the voltage is able to stay above 13.0V with the two batteries and 80A Alt. It's only when I play my decaf stuff is when the voltage would slowly drop to about 12.2V :( The sub sounds fine on normal songs.

I'm contacting those HLabs guys to see if I've set my SSF correctly. The damn example in their manual shows the "Left High Section" but doesn't specify if I need to remove the pins from the "Right High Section" as well. Anyways, I'm setting it to 30Hz and testing it out again tomorrow and making a vid.

I'm just relief to know that it's not tinsel slap problem and that my spider is still intact.

Anyone here good at reading manuals?

http://www.hlabs.com...HPSUB/index.htm

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Are you 100% positive your not just hearing something rattling from your car?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Also try using the crossover section on the amp and stop using the hlab stuff. I'm leaning more towards tht eing problem

I was also thinking about removing that Hlab thing and using the amp's ssf.

Is there a way to know the exact freq setpoint on amp with an oscope for tuning? I've been out of electronics school for 4 yrs and don't remember much.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Are you 100% positive your not just hearing something rattling from your car?

Lol. I was just thinking about that. I might have to investigate this too!

www.wccaraudio.com

Buy yourself a dd1 and cc1 combo pack. Best investment you will make for yourself for car audio installs.

I really wish people would just stop post random ass responses to your question without any prior knowledge of what is going on here.

1) If when you play normal music the sound goes away, then that tells you that you are playing too far out of tuning. Decaf stuff plays VERY low and that song particularly drops down into the 22-25hz range I believe.

2) New subs take quite awhile to break in. What happens, is while the subs are still stiff, the spiders will not allow the coil to really get moving in the gap and cool properly. This causes the coil to sit in the gap and creates heat that causes the stinky smell. This is why you hear about a break-in period for subs. If you jsut rail on them right out of the box and dont break them in properly, you do run the risk of burning up the coil, or at least having a perma stinky smell until you recone the sub.

I think I might have used my HP-SUB SSF wrong? can someone confirm?

Here is the manual:

http://www.hlabs.com...HPSUB/index.htm

Looking directly at my HP-Sub SSF, I only have the top left pin taken out and I seem to have the right two jumper pins intact. Was I suppose to take that top right jumper out also to get "25Hz" filter?

Was I only filtering 25Hz for the left channel and 20Hz for the right channel sub or something?

no one answered this that i can tell so i will, and the answer is yes. You need to remove the jumpers for right and left sides.