Opinions on Singer alts

I'm starting to head towards to Singer even more, thank you for the opinions, though I probably won't get the powder coat, my alt hide's under my power steering fluid container, so it's not like a GM or Mustang where the alternator is right there in plain sight, so no point in painting it.

The price is probably steep cause it's a Volvo, and I don't think many ask for a HO alt for an S70, so the parts are probably not in huge demand like a GM or Ford vehicle usually is.

I'm liking the overdrive pulley option as well, especially since my driving habits has me go under 2k rpms anyways most of the time. Also btw, I do plan on running whatever amp I run at lowest stable ohms, not .5 or .25 or .125 ohms cause I heard that puts out a huge draw as well, and I don't plan on competing, so box rise isn't an issue, it's gonna be for a daily driver mostly, and planned battery bank is S3400 up front, group 31 agm in the back, and big 3. That's why I'm looking in the 1st place so I can replace my 55 amp alt( says it does 100 but Idk after 2k rpm or redlining, don't really trust stock alts).

Though more opinions would be nice as well.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Youll like the alt, i run 3 of his 400a units and have yet to have an issue with them.

HE doesnt do the painting (powder coat) on tem he sends them out

Also.. Best CS there is IMO

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Well with what you're running, sounds like the product is great quality, and very reliable. Think I'll start saving right now for Singer's alt, and hopefully get electrical done by next year.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I'm positive you've already made up your mind but I feel like I owe it to Mike. By far the best customer service of any place/person I've ever bought anything from. As others have said the emails are priority and he'll even educate you a bit if you ask questions. And he does honor the warranties which is really nice too :)

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived