Second Skin Audio

VVME 12" ebay mystery subs 120.00 for 2 ?

detroitdb

:popcorn::captain:

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

I'm wondering if somebody can give some real ts specs on these. Any of you guys that have got them have the ability or tools to be able to do that?

Someone send one to cj or someone with a im-sg

Maybe steve himself could get one lol

I don't forsee Steve wasting his time getting T/S specs on a $60.00 sub. Maybe if he was bored or whatever. I like the 12 spoke basket on the subs and it makes me think they can be reconed, or motor swapped for something nicer.

I would give Steve mad props if he did, for the community's benefit. A lot of people simply don't have the cash for high end subs and these seem like the ultimate budget sub. I would like a different dust cap or dust cap cover, though. Put something that people know on it and they will be amazed and think its an expensive sub. With the VVME, not so much.

I wanna do some blind tests with people and ask them what they think I have in the back, how many watts they think it's getting, how many subs, what size, etc. should be entertaining

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

i dont think these subs are capable of getting low.. 25hz and they are toast

Go ahead and tune a box to 20-25 hz and let us know how it does ;)

I personally have no use for 25hz. I dont think a lot of songs even use that low.

I'll do a free-air on 20-30 for a few minutes each and post results.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

i dont think these subs are capable of getting low.. 25hz and they are toast

I'll do a free air on 20-30 and post results. I don't think anyone is gonna build a 25hz tuned box for these. But I think they are capable of it

Well, Alpine Type R's and as much as I hate to say, Kicker L7s are available at some Best Buys. I'm guaranteeing this VVME is not walking all over a Type R or and L7. Furthermore, how good or loud a sub gets is a subjective thing. What I think is loud, someone else may not. Maybe I like ear shattering 48Hz and maybe someone else likes a strong 30Hz feeling or below.

How a subwoofer performs, no MATTER the brand, really depends on the enclosure that is designed and built for it. I've seen expensive subs suffer from a poor design and I've seem cheapass subs REALLY shine in a really nice enclosure.

In conclusion, if any comparisons are going to be made, it needs to be apples and apples. If you're gonna compared this mystery sub , throw it in a box and X amount if volume, with X amount of watts, with X amount of airspace and tune. Then take your sub being compared and give it an ideal environment. Let us not compare sub X in a prefab and sub Y in a custom well built, perfectly designed for sub Ys likings.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Well, Alpine Type R's and as much as I hate to say, Kicker L7s are available at some Best Buys. I'm guaranteeing this VVME is not walking all over a Type R or and L7. Furthermore, how good or loud a sub gets is a subjective thing. What I think is loud, someone else may not. Maybe I like ear shattering 48Hz and maybe someone else likes a strong 30Hz feeling or below.

How a subwoofer performs, no MATTER the brand, really depends on the enclosure that is designed and built for it. I've seen expensive subs suffer from a poor design and I've seem cheapass subs REALLY shine in a really nice enclosure.

In conclusion, if any comparisons are going to be made, it needs to be apples and apples. If you're gonna compared this mystery sub , throw it in a box and X amount if volume, with X amount of watts, with X amount of airspace and tune. Then take your sub being compared and give it an ideal environment. Let us not compare sub X in a prefab and sub Y in a custom well built, perfectly designed for sub Ys likings.

Considering the box is built specifically for the JL and not the VVME, I would say it's a pretty fair comparison.

Unless I am supposed to somehow spend hundreds on testing different ideal boxes for the JL??? Seems ridiculous.

Also, this is to Wellington, if you're happy with this sub fantastic. Trying to find information about specifics on the sub is very difficult at this point. A company that won't disclose T/S specs or have a user friendly website seems sketch to me.

It's definitely your choice to run this equipment and for $60, why not. If you end up being happy with this thing, that's really all that matters.

*Edit- You seem really hell bent on loving this sub and I'm happy you and the VVME have found each other in this life. The best if luck to you both and I wish you two the best happiness.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Also, this is to Wellington, if you're happy with this sub fantastic. Trying to find information about specifics on the sub is very difficult at this point. A company that won't disclose T/S specs or have a user friendly website seems sketch to me.

It's definitely your choice to run this equipment and for $60, why not. If you end up being happy with this thing, that's really all that matters.

What are you getting at, exactly? That this sub sucks and only I am satisfied with it? Cause that what is sounds like. Others are enjoying these as well.

What exactly is the benefit of having the correct TS specs? For $60, does it even really matter if someone gets 150db with 4 of them?

I am not as experienced with car audio as most of you (I assume). I am just going by what I know and like and trying to give some feedback on these subs to help other cheapasses like me. That's all.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to drop $400 on a sub and that's the dynamic I am sensing from most of the people in this thread. Yes, this sub is $60 so you want to hate on it cause it's cheap? Or just because it's an off brand?

Archived