Does anyone here like today's mainstream hip hop?

I honestly think that most mainstream has gone downhill since the loss of 2pac and B.I.G

When people start talking about rap, someone always brings those two names up, do you really think if they were still alive they would be on top?

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Haven't listen to the radio in 4+ years. Same 12 songs on heavy rotation. Fuck that. It is the lamest of sauces. No dub or skrillex either. Never could get into it. Only rap and hip hop is decaf and shit pre 2000. I hear nikki minaj and kreayshawn or whatever the hell her name is; I want to go club a baby seal to death. It could be because I'm 35 though lol. Generation gap

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

My next processor will be one that turns any song into the instrumental version of it. That way I'm safe from the crap on today :)

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Haven't listen to the radio in 4+ years. Same 12 songs on heavy rotation. Fuck that. It is the lamest of sauces. No dub or skrillex either. Never could get into it. Only rap and hip hop is decaf and shit pre 2000. I hear nikki minaj and kreayshawn or whatever the hell her name is; I want to go club a baby seal to death. It could be because I'm 35 though lol. Generation gap

Nah bro. 17 here, and I hate it, hate it all.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Nah bro. 17 here, and I hate it, hate it all.

haha ikr

I honestly think that most mainstream has gone downhill since the loss of 2pac and B.I.G

When people start talking about rap, someone always brings those two names up, do you really think if they were still alive they would be on top?

idk a lot of ppl seem to think so..

This is all i have to say. There have been some good posts in here, but i honestly dont hate the radio. But why people get pantie tight about mainstream artists makes me laugh some times. The songs are what they are, because they SELL. That is the big thing with mainstream anything, how much can it sell. Then the radio plays it on steady rotation until the masses line up eagerly for current artists concert. But who and what it's the driving force behind it? Yep, the consumer. Do you think for one second, souljah boy would be as big as he is, if everyone realized it was just trash and treated it as such? Do you think that garbage called Jersey shore would have been as big as it was if people treated it for what it is, instead of tuning in every week? The people are the reason it sells, and sadly they line up by the masses.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

This is all i have to say. There have been some good posts in here, but i honestly dont hate the radio. But why people get pantie tight about mainstream artists makes me laugh some times. The songs are what they are, because they SELL. That is the big thing with mainstream anything, how much can it sell. Then the radio plays it on steady rotation until the masses line up eagerly for current artists concert. But who and what it's the driving force behind it? Yep, the consumer. Do you think for one second, souljah boy would be as big as he is, if everyone realized it was just trash and treated it as such? Do you think that garbage called Jersey shore would have been as big as it was if people treated it for what it is, instead of tuning in every week? The people are the reason it sells, and sadly they line up by the masses.

I think many are just too lazy to go else where to find music/shows they will like. instead they just deal with what is put right in their face. The only reason anything sells is because ppl pay tons of money to have these artists constantly played on the radio. i believe you could literally take any "music artist" and pay for them to be played on every radio station around the country 100x a day and ppl will buy it, just because that is what they are exposed to and they dont try listen to anything else. you put enough of anything in somebody's face like that and they will eventually buy into it, especially if its the same way for all their friends and what they see on tv..

As soon as I turn on the radio in the car guess who's voice I hear? Seriously no joke, EVERY TIME it's either little wayne, drake or minaj or tyga. Mostly drake and wayne though. EVERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TIME

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

First off, why the fuck did dubstep get brought up? LOL

I'll find some listenable tracks still from "mainstream" but not much, Rick Ross solo album was solid, only didn't keep those boring trap songs like 911 & Hold Me Back. Artists like T.I. & Luda are very hit and miss because they are trying to stay relevant with the rhymes but its just not them, IDK how you can say Luda sucks Army unless you mean his new shit because Back for the First Time & Word of Mouf are straight classics. IMO around 2009 is when the mainstream took a turn for the worst, about a year after Wayne got into his new style of rap, took on the T-Pain thing, everybody since really has no originality they just try to do whats successful and its fucking boring. I love Bay Area music and even some artists out here are getting on that hype, can't stand that shit. Early 2000's to about 2007 mainstream is where my nostalgia is at for music period, from about age 12 til 20. There are artists that are catching mainstream appeal but not changing up from what got them there, like Currensy & Trae The Truth.

Everything is just "too entertainment" nowadays, music seemed to be a lot grittier back in the day, realism to it and for the most part if you sucked at rapping you maybe had a single then faded off, the true artists succeeded, nowadays anybody can become famous off some bullshit music, i.e. Future, T-Pain started auto-tune but singing, Wayne took it to rap, everybody did it, got played out, Future comes on the scene like 2 years later with it and some how is popular using it and saying Tony Montana over and over again. Then you got the young ignorant motherfuckers like Chief Keef yelling Bang Bang and essentially talking over a admittly nice beat and gets famous as fuck then everybody in Chicago now does music that sounds exactly the fucking same. Its rediculous man, you no longer need to "flow", you just need to rhyme simple words in a simple way and you will make money.

Shady Nate is probably my favorite rapper nowadays, dude can spit fa real or as we call it out here in the Bay "gassin"

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived