SQ CHOICES

theM_A_N

Hi guys im a new member here ive been out of the car audio world for about 10 years i recently purchased a hhr panel van and will be installing an sq system. What i am starting with from left over equipment are 2 jl 300/4 amps and 2 jl 500/1 amps will sell off ones i dont use if i dont use all 4. So many companies seem to have changed here is the equipment i am considering so far. I cant audition much equipment since only shops with 75 miles carry Sony, Alpine, Regular Kenwood, JL , Memphis, Powerbass. I prefer a smooth sound to extremely bright but a lot can be tuned for. Any suggestions would be helpful as to sound of the brands and quality since i know a lot of brands quality has suffered with production moves to china

Head Unit Budget $400 : Pioneer DEH-80PRS, Kenwood Xcelon KD-X996, JVC Arsenal KD-A95BT

Subs (2) 12 inch in small sealed enclosures Budget $500 : JL, Infinity, JBL, Polk, Cadence, CDT, Dayton, DLS, Image Dynamics

6 1/2 Components front doors and pillar tweeters Budget $350 : JL, Infinity, JBL, Polk, Cadence, CDT, DLS, Focal, Hertz, Morel, Image Dynamics

6 1/2 Coaxial rear doors Budget $200 : JL, Infinity, JBL, Polk, Cadence, CDT, DLS, Focal, Hertz, Morel, Image Dynamics

Are you going to compete in SQ or just want a clean sounding SQ type build?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

DEH-80PRS the other two don't have an active crossover. not that you will need it but it's better to have than not. subs depending on your space i like the daytons you could run in the same space depending on height a single 15 sealed. comps if you like the top shimmer i would go with the focal. the Image Dynamics and hertz i think will have a stronger midbass. the rear fill won't matter much so any good coax will work. your amps are still pretty good so your set there.

I havent decided on HU yet but im leaning towards the KDC-X996 since the crossover points seem to fit what im doing better. I also like the ability to adjust volume to each channel indepedently. Here is how i am thinking of running the system if anyone can suggest good way to do it with the DEH-80PRS i would go that way since i think it is a better and more capable HU.

2 HD-1200CF running off the 500/1, 80HZ and down each sub in its own custom enclosure, Using the sub outputs on hu

2 HD-M6+ running off one of the 300/4 bridged, 80HZ to 250 or 300HZ, using the rear outputs on the hu

HD-61A running off the other 300/4, 250 or 300HZ and up, either bridging amp and using the passive crossover with the components or unbridged using y's on the rca's into the amp then using hu to high pass midrange and tweeter and using amp to low pass midrange and tweeter seperately

Any input is gladly appreciated

Ok here is what i went with so far

2 CDT HD-1200FC subwoofers

2 CDT HD-M6+ as Midbass

1 Set of CDT HD-61A Components

John with CDT gave a great deal on those since he was able to find all of it in there Refurbished area

Great Chioice ... I'd look into some Audio Technix for your Sound Deadning, wiring, and accessories list !!!

www.audiotechnix.com

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived