Clif Designs repair attempt: Assembled

mbdblue

sweet, nice progress. some day ill have the inclination to try and repair a semi-broken amp haha, until then ill live vicariously through you

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

alright! all back together.....well, kind of. I had it completely assembled, but got nervous cuz the leads I soldered in were a little longer than the ones on the board and the end cap went on pretty tight....leading me to believe there was a possibility that the ends of the leads could be touching the underside lip of the endcap and could bridge against it.

I played with the idea of taking it all apart and grinding down the ends of the leads, but I had already mounted the board (including thermal paste and all the screws and heatsink covers). I decided I'm going to take the endcap back off and grind down 1/4" of the lip just for clearance. This part will never be seen and is just cosmetic so I don't mind doing it, even if it's just for piece of mind.

So these pictures are of it all back together, even though I'll be taking the endcap back off.....Overall I'm very happy with how it came together. Now I just hope it works! haha

last check over

2r5zv2p.jpg

thermal pasted...

zlromp.jpg

2zedobl.jpg

we've landed...

2q20ktl.jpg

2u7xeuh.jpg

2vhxfeb.jpg

zydj5h.jpg

this is what I'm talking about with the endcap and leads...Not too much room under there and I want to make sure everything has clearance...

25zqogh.jpg

30b3eyp.jpg

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Looking good, hope it does some work for you soon.

thanks man, Me too!

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived