wich sub is better for quality and might we need dyno matt?

ncc74656

I am installing a system into a 2007 ford fuzion and we are looking at a fi audio SSD. it was my understanding that the Q was the best SQ sub but from what i read on tehre site it seems the SSD is also a good quality sub. is this true? secondly if we are installing 4 100-150W component speakers do we think that i may need to matt the car to prevent rattle? if so should i go with dyno matt or is something like fatmat good enough? the cost of dyno mat kinda turns me off to it but fatmat seems to be 1/4 the price.

nothing, gutted

i installed fatmat into my truck but... its a truck and a diesel at that so i really cant tell how much of a difference it may or may not have made. it took 140SQ ft to cover the quad cab so dynomat was out of the question price wise. ill check into the audio tech for this car

nothing, gutted

Not sure why everyone thinks when you tune any sub low or sealed, its automatically considered "Sound Quality" ...

Please make sure you Audio Technix (deaden) your doors properly and try and seal all areas in your doors to make them musical drivers can operate properly and deliver the optimim amount of midrange and midbass possible ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

ill make sure hte doors are sealed. as for the sub, is it not true that a ported sub is tuned to a frequency that it is loudest and most accurate at and anything above and below that frequency is just a 'best guess' recreation of that sound note but not as clear as the center tuned frequency so a ported box is louder at and around one note but drops off in volume and clarity as it goes further to the extremes away from that tuned note.

a sealed box has no tune note and requires more power to push but can more accurately recreate sound frequencies. the larger the box, the lower the note it can recreate?

someone please correct anywhere that i am wrong.

nothing, gutted

Ported box can have a very flat frequency response it depends on how the box is build but below the frequency it is tuned it will fall quickly

it is recomended to use a subsonic filter with these

The advantage of a sealed box is it have alot better transiant response it can also play lower and does not require a subsonic filter you also will never hear port noise with them :P

also on the dynamt question it is always prefereable if your aiming for sq to remove as mutch as possible areas where the car envirement could interact with the speakers

one example would be the door resonating and adding unwanted noise\cancelation to the mid range driver

adding some dynamt would also give you a lower noise floor in the car witch would mean a more dynamic sound experience

Hope this help!

idlew1ld the French Frog !

Archived