Second Skin Audio

WALL OR COFFIN STYLE BOX

77-AUDIO

that dude that does HVCA i cant recall his name he has a nasty c pillar build in a tahoe with 4 fi 18s and a shit of rockford amps.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I call it a ported box.

-Drew

exactly, because that is what it is.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

skippy and loud. thank you. at least someone knows what I was talking about. and I was thinking the same thing. face up and port back.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

The guy tebo is referring to is James Taylor. A very nasty wall in that thing. He is also redoing some stuff to J.P.s Tahoe.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

^ yep. James Taylor (HVCA) has a c-pillar wall that is NO JOKE. I got to see him and his ride at Scrapin' the Coast this year.

There are a good number of C-Pillar walls out there- just not as many as there are B-Pillars. True, a box would be easier to do than a wall (as long as you can get enough volume out of a box). But- if you do build a box instead of a wall- what can you do with the space above the box? Not much. That is why I eventually went to a C-Pillar wall. AND- with a C-Pillar wall, you get to have seats for 4-5 people. You would have to build it in place (most likely) and you need to make sure there are no laws against it or problems with having a wall that would obstruct your view.

Just my $.02 ...though when you said coffin box I got all excited. I always thought it would be cool to have a '60s hearse like Wayne Harris' back in the day... just with a casket inside it as a woofer box. Man that would be cool- especially this time of year. Drive around wearing a suit, wearing one of those Hearse Driver hats....

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived