and i´m jelous that you already have a sytem on your explorer lol, i haven´t built mine yet after i had the sony xplod wall, by the way, my 340A alt has an external regulator, you can imagine what´s coming soon, my plan is building with 12 90 series 12" subs and 2 10k´s wired at .66 ohms a piece using about 10 xs power D1400´s , lots of money that i need and don´t have :(

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Your numbers are in the low 30s, Is your peak that low? What's your band with like? And how much power did you clamp? How much are you trying to get to?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just curious I'm also walled with 4 15s

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

ya i peak at 34 hz sealed up. i havent clamped any of the amps yet, may try that this weekend. i imagine im around 1k-1.2 from each amp. these woofers are wayyy underpowered. bandwidth it falls off around 50-55hz but plays down to 18-19 just fine. its plays exactly what i like so im happy. im sure if i raised my peak freq to 38-40 i would see better numbers but wheres the fun in that

Your numbers are in the low 30s, Is your peak that low? What's your band with like? And how much power did you clamp? How much are you trying to get to?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just curious I'm also walled with 4 15s

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

So we had an iasca show yesterday, I got a new personal best in bass boxing, 153.8 with dr door open. We did clamp my amps, I am averaging 3000 watts per pair rising from 2 ohm strapped to 6 ohm. So I'm seeing 6kw from the amps total. Not bad power, but I'm looking forward to getting DC amps soon!!

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

So we had an iasca show yesterday, I got a new personal best in bass boxing, 153.8 with dr door open. We did clamp my amps, I am averaging 3000 watts per pair rising from 2 ohm strapped to 6 ohm. So I'm seeing 6kw from the amps total. Not bad power, but I'm looking forward to getting DC amps soon!!

Moar POWA!

Just an FYI to anyone curious about this vehicle: It gets fucking windy! I've sat in cars that do much better numbers on the meter at around the same frequencies but almost guarantee these 15's move more air.

Keep doing your thing homeboy

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing all this info this will really help me push forward in my build. I most likely will be building a C pillar and have the amps/batteries in a false floor so I can demo 4 people at once lol!

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

• 1 month later...

okay so i screwed up on the port. it was designed to be 260 sq in tuned to 30. it ended up at 180 tuned at 21!! so i went and cut out the old one and rebuilt it, this time to the spec i wanted but tuned a little lower. so now port is 260 tuned to 24-25, found tuning using IM-SG. i need to pull specs on a woofer so i can get the enclosure volume, i think it will need to be shrunk down with more power. ill be uploading pics soon of the change.

it seems louder and more violent. everyone who got a demo at the recent show said there was a definite change. im pleased with it. not to get a sealed dash score!

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Archived