Credit card decision

All these people saying low interest, this is what is wrong with America today. Take the CC like Discover and go with the cash back option. I use my CC for everything and usually have $1,000+ in cash back every year. As long as you have the plans of paying the balance off every month it is a great tool and makes things easy. I will say though not every place will take a Discover card due to the high charge to the business you are purchasing through.

Team Ampere Audio

All these people saying low interest, this is what is wrong with America today. Take the CC like Discover and go with the cash back option. I use my CC for everything and usually have $1,000+ in cash back every year. As long as you have the plans of paying the balance off every month it is a great tool and makes things easy. I will say though not every place will take a Discover card due to the high charge to the business you are purchasing through.

What's wrong with America is you never know where you'll be. So therefore you can afford to pay it off every month now, what about in a year or so when you lose your job or you aren't gettin paid due to lack of funds as Maebros said? They still want their money and you can't pay, so now you have high ass interest because you went with the best cash back plan? Nah. That's a gift. It's just financially smart to go with the lowest interest. I've had my card for 2 months, made 3 purchases and got 60 CENTS back. Lmfao. I'll take it, as that's 60 cents I didn't have before but hey, I'd prefer lower interest than great cash rewards just incase I can't pay it off every month.

Sheena = pedobear

Agree cash back ck is amazing but. Most people are not responsible enough with a credit card to use it for everything and be able to pay it of reasonably. Which is why trying to find a lower interest rate for a beginner is a good idea. Running .5 and .25 ohm on your amp is awesome to do everyday too but many people don't have the knowledge,experience, or electrical to run it properly. Running 1and 2 ohms doesn't have as much flexibility but it will still get down and is much safer for a newbie to run.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

if you KNOW you can pay it off each month by using it on gas, then make sure you do it. i've always been told to not buy things unless you can hold onto them. that does not include gas, food, etc. i didn't listen and i've been balls deep in debt for years (including no audioz :( ). little bit here and there adds up damn fast and will bite you in the ass quicky

Ain't that the truth. I bought rims and tires for my car, along with a game... Baam, look at that balance. $1200. Lol. But thankfully 0% interest. So I'm covered for awhile. But gotta pay that off then baam, another $500 or so for a VERY LATE service of my vehicle. 4 purchases and that's a total of $1700. And I only got the damn card for gas... help my credit. Ahh, oh well. It'll get paid off within the next 3-4 months and I'll be good to go.

i'm canceling all my cards when i pay them off (which will be 'soon' now FINALLY) and will keep just one card with no balance on it for emergencies, mostly vehicle related since i now have all kinds of insurance through work. i plan to have money in the bank, but hard telling what will arise. so that's all that'll be for.

EDIT: lol nice analogy

Don't cancel them just leave them open with no balance and cut the cards up. Even though you don't use them it will still continue it improve your credit rating.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

credit cards are great for things that arise, but as maebros keeps saying, difficult for someone new to credit. I'm not new, as I'm good with it, just shit arose and rather than struggling, I was able to afford things. 23 yrs old and almost an 800 credit score? Lemme hear it... BOO-YAH! Lmfao. But no really... if I didn't have it, Idk how I woulda bought tires (needed tires with or without rims and rims don't matter cause didn't change tire size). But it's the same with my late vehicle service. I'm only 9k miles overdue. I'll take it in at 12k late. Do the service along with oil change haha. If not for the card, not sure how I'd pay for it. Not recommended obviously as should pay for cash but being responsible and know what I'm doing so shouldn't be that bad.

And as Maebros said about leaving them open, I think I have 4 store cards open. Best Buy, 2 I got for car audio, and one for circuit city (since they went out of business, not sure what's up with the card and account but hey)... I truthfully don't even know where the hell the cards are, but I check the statements every so often to make sure no activity and there is none. Doesn't hurt to have them open and not use them. But it's a personal choice.

Sheena = pedobear

do not close your cards. you will take a credit score hit because your available credit goes down. i have 4 cards. three i never use. the fourth i use for large purchases because its a rewards card. It then gets paid off immediately because I dont buy anything I dont hve the cash to stand behind. im at the point now where I cant improve my credit score a whole lot.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks for all the info guys! I currently have a debit card through my local bank, a credit union ironically, but I'll check to see if they have credit cards. My credit is good now, even for the college debt I'm in, I have a verizon bill that i'm the primary number for that i've had for years. Last year when my credit was checked it was like mid 700's with about 15k in student loans out, at 22 years old lol. I would use the card strictly for gas, which I will set money aside for in my checking to pay it every month, like I do now. Guess I just wasn't sure whether getting some money back from my needed gas purchases would be worth it, while also improving my credit. Decisions, decisions...

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

ok. i'll leave em open, but just hide em lol. nah tho really i guess it couldn't hurt. better to have it than not have it, especially since my credit score is so shitty now

and sorry OP for the semi thread jack haha. hope you don't get yourself in too deep whichever way you choose

Archived