lotus Posted October 4, 2012 Report Posted October 4, 2012 I have a trunk wall (sealed with cardboard lol but this post is about airflow, not pressure) with 2 american bass xfl 12s in 4.2cu after displacement tuned to 28.5 (19inch port extension and 37hz without the extension) in a cobalt lt coupe powered by a crescendo bc3500 and I have the big 3 and a 2nd batt and a pioneer deh 9400 head unit. I had a american bass vfl 100.1 (1500rms) on them and the new amp barely made a difference. I play mostly decaf and the only song that changed dramatically!! Was I cook @23hz. For some reason I can pull hair tricks. Not full blown ones but it pushes lots of air for 2 12s in the trunk. Then I can barely get any hair or air movement from songs like mi Casa su casa or white girl.. ect.. (decaf versions). Is it really all cuz of my box...? It doesn't make any sense. My other friends with half the power I got push just a little more air with I cook. 2010 Cobalt LT Coupe Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s Amp: Crescendo BC3500D Big 3 in 1/0awg 29hz box stinger volt meter 2nd battery Deka 9a31 pioneer DEH-9400BH
finkster Posted October 4, 2012 Report Posted October 4, 2012 It could be the resonant frequency of your cabin. Your box may not be tuned correctly. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
tacomaguy1 Posted October 4, 2012 Report Posted October 4, 2012 ohm load?...voltage with new amp? Team Flex Issues
iceman1575 Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 Put it in the right section, it'll work then POTATO!
lotus Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 No one answered in the right section. All I'm asking is y am I pulling hair tricks at 23hz but at 29hz I barely move air. 2010 Cobalt LT Coupe Subs: 2 American bass XFL 12s Amp: Crescendo BC3500D Big 3 in 1/0awg 29hz box stinger volt meter 2nd battery Deka 9a31 pioneer DEH-9400BH
SnowDrifter Posted October 6, 2012 Report Posted October 6, 2012 check crossovers? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
C-Fizzy Posted October 6, 2012 Report Posted October 6, 2012 The fuck is a trunk wall. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
Guest Posted October 6, 2012 Report Posted October 6, 2012 The fuck is a trunk wall. sealed firing forward noob
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.