New cop cars here have like 5%. Only thing I love about this town is they allow you to be loud(as long as it's within certain hours) and don't care what's on your car.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

For the Indiana guys:

IC 9-19-19-4

Tinting, glazing, or sunscreening vehicle windows

Sec. 4. (a) This section does not apply to a manufacturer's tinting or glazing of motor vehicle windows or windshields that is otherwise in compliance with or permitted by FMVSS205 as promulgated in 49 CFR 571.205. Proof from the manufacturer, supplier, or installer that the tinting or glazing is in compliance with or permitted by

FMVSS205 must be carried in the vehicle.

(B) This section does not apply to the driver of a vehicle:

(1) that is owned by an individual required for medical reasons to be shielded from the direct rays of the sun; or

(2) in which an individual required for medical reasons to be shielded from the direct rays of the sun is a habitual passenger.

The medical reasons must be attested to by a physician or optometrist licensed to practice in Indiana, and the physician's or optometrist's certification of that condition must be carried in the vehicle. The physician's or optometrist's certificate must be renewed annually.

© A person may not drive a motor vehicle that has a:

(1) windshield;

(2) side wing;

(3) side window that is part of a front door; or

(4) rear back window;

that is covered by or treated with sunscreening material or is tinted to the extent or manufactured in a way that the occupants of the vehicle cannot be easily identified or recognized through that window from outside the vehicle. However, it is a defense if the sunscreening material applied to those windows has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than twenty-five percent (25%) as measured on the nonfilm side and light transmittance of at least thirty percent (30%) in the visible light range.

(d) A person may not tint or otherwise cover or treat with sunscreening the parts of a vehicle described in subsection © so that operation of the vehicle after the tinting or sunscreening is performed is a violation of subsection ©. However, it is not a violation of this chapter if this work is performed for a person who submits a physician's or optometrist's statement as described in subsection (B) to the person who is to perform the work.

As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7. Amended by P.L.128-1995, SEC.1; P.L.12-2003, SEC.1.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

• 2 weeks later...

Window tinting also slows down the amount of damage that the sun does to your car interior as well as keeping it cooler

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Here in NY, you aren't allowed to have ANY tint on ANY window besides your back window. You can paint that back windows black if you wanted. But the 'no tint" goes for factory tint as well, that comes stock on many new vehicles on the back passenger windows! My friend Jon has a 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee and has gotten yelled at for it once (being pulled over for speeding). He told the cop it came from the factory like that, cop still wrote him a ticket for it. He got it dismissed but he's like what the hell!

Actually its 35% on the front windows and rear windows, atleast on longisland. I got 20% all around for the past 4 months and only got bothered twice when I was stopped for something else.

Might do a 8" 2.5% brow soon so it looks darker and reduces glare

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

I have 5% on my doors & rear window, than the back sides, club cab, had a factory like 30% plus i put 5% over it, and i have a small probably 20-30% strip on my windshield. I've never gotten grief for it even when i was pulled over for something else. Just be respectful and own up to what you did and they'll typically let you off "easy"

I got pulled over all the time with 5%, so I pulled it off tries 20% got pulled over all the time, tried 35% never got bothered and the legal tint here is 50%. They passed a law now you can't even get under 50% even with signing the waiver stating the car is not used on public roads/just a show car. I have 15-20 tint tickets at 130$ a piece all but two by one state trooper.. Which is my fault I got pulled over for 63 in a 55 first time I had rims on my 300c never thought about speedo being off. So he wrote me a ticket that day. Then wrote me two days later and I was in a hurry to get to the bank and get my check deposited on a Saturday morning. I told him I was in a hurry and to get the tint meter off my window and write me my ticket, he kinda gave a smirk next thing I know he is measuring tires checking my brakes measuring the height of my car.. Lets say I got a few more equipment violations lol tinted tail lights, tinted windows, and obstruction of view of license plate cuz I had a back up camera that was literally 1x1x1 inch around but it covered up part of the state writing so he "couldn't tell I was in Minnesota" lol he drove by where I lived everyday. Oh the good ole days! What's everyone else state cost for a tint ticket?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Honestly, the biggest advice I can give you is 'If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.'

If you are going to tint illegally, you should plan to be able to pay off whatever tickets you get from it. You may or may not get one, but you should be ready to deal with it.

Archived