'71 Chevelle v.s '05 M3

So my friend at school just bought this sick ass 2005 M3 with 40k on it. It mostly stock, but has exhaust and i think one engine component (not sure right now, maybe an intake?? something along those lines, its basic) its got a flat 6 and everything stock.

He's always been jealous of my car, which is why I don't understand his purchase if he wanted a classic so bad he coulda got one for how much he spent.

But anyway the problem is sorta contradictory, or ironic i guess. He thinks I would beat his (automatic) M3 in a race, and I'm positive he would beat me. its hilarious but we both agree that no matter what he would have me at 100mph because of my low ratio and lack of high gears/overdrive. He thinks that a manual with such high torque will beat most modern sports cars in the 0-60. I tried to explain that the lack of a launch control, limited slip diff, and aerodynamics, on all classics would make that near impossible, so he said if he turned off traction control then it would be the same. He doesnt know much about cars but I can't say for sure who would win. I could see a win (if it wasnt so much more technologically advanced) just stock car for car

Whos got any ideas? I still think im right that even in a straight drag he would have me, despite the difference in lb-ft. Sorry I dont have many details, both are relatively stock, but i have modern suspension, a rebuilt engine, new carb, muncy 4-spd, so its up to date.

Surprisingly to my new knowledge mine is about 3166curb, and his is about 3415curb, which I didnt expect.

Does anyone think theres an obvious answer? or would it really depend?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Why don't you guys just hit the track and find out?

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Why don't you guys just hit the track and find out?

He went college visting for the rest of october........lol so we can't and I want some pre-race advice to see if its worth it or not.

Who gives a fuck....you have a Chevelle 8)

Basically my mind set, but I'm still curious....And it is hilarious because if you had the money and your not really a car guy who cares about the handling and options and all that wouldnt you get a fun badass classic?? I mean thats what I did and he really likes my car, but instead he drops $25000 on an M3!?!?!? it just doesnt makes sense to me......

dont get me wrong they're badass but he doesnt even have the V8 version........................

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

It's all about power/weight.

Your car is still much cooler, and that's all that matter ;)

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

It's all about power/weight.

Your car is still much cooler, and that's all that matter ;)

That what I'm hoping for, since his is heavier with only a v6 amount of torque I think if I could start off without losing half my rubber on the road I could possibly beat him in the 0-60

I missed Alan.

I think how well tuned your carb is and how well the car hooks up is important. Driving skills from you vs your buddy would be critical as well. There's NO REPLACEMENT for displacement either partner. I think the Chevelle, if launched correctly would walk all over that M3. It's tough to say though if you can't drive, and your buddy can. Does he have the SMG, or the manual trans in that car. The SMG is snappy as hell, I've driven one.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I love classics, have owned quite a few of them and BMWs and used to own a 2006 M5 a few years back, but I would so much rather have the Chevelle even if it were slower, so WGAF? There's only one way to find out and if neither of you are experienced drag racers, chances are the fastest car most likely won't win. I see it time and time again. Guy with a car capable of pulling off a 12 or 13 second run is lucky to make a 14 second pass because he doesn't have a clue how to drag race. AND reaction time is everything, whether on the track or a street race....and newbies rarely ever cut good lights. So, in my (not quite professional) drag racing experience, the cooler car wins hands down.....victory goes to the Chevelle.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Archived