They also charge you $7 a month for the modem though. If you can get it cheap, it'll have paid for itself in X months and then start saving you money. (and be worlds better than the POS modems Time Warner hands out)

unless its some sort of hidden fee, which ive never seen nor heard of before, ive never been charged for the modem. ever.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

They also charge you $7 a month for the modem though. If you can get it cheap, it'll have paid for itself in X months and then start saving you money. (and be worlds better than the POS modems Time Warner hands out)

this is what I was thinking.

KCK actually so no barry road for me mang lol...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

eh. still. hell with buying one unless you do get charged for the modem over there. otherwise replace it at the TWC store. its always been bnib when i got mine replaced.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

We've had hell with these Arris modems that our ISP provides. We've been through a crapton of them in a short amount of time, due to them not working properly. A few would power on, but would never connect (made sure that the "internet enable/disable" button was on on the ones that had it), a couple worked fine then wouldn't power on at all, and one actually shorted and melted some of the plastic. All of them were BNIB, IIRC, and would fail within a couple of weeks. So far the last one we were given has survived at least 6 months so far. We had no issues with the original one we were given, IIRC, but it wasn't compatible with the new equipment that the ISP was upgrading to.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

cost? i really dont want to spend too much....

Im poor...

i honestly dont remember. i got it best buy like 1 month ago. it was during back to school sales. look online. but all i know is it is so quick. this page loads in 1 sec ahha

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Im using some Ubee D3.0 provided from my cable ISP, its good up to 60mb on my end (which is what my speed is) Im sure it support faster, I have had no issues with it yet.

My isp is similar to Time Warner, and iirc Time Warner should swap out your modem for free if you bring it into a local store and say your having issues with it since you pay 2 or 3 bucks a month to lease their modem.

Definitely cheaper to buy your own, however if it does crap out you dont have that otc exchange which is why I have not bought my own yet.

Also make sure all your cable wire ends are tight and not messed up. I had my ISP run new wires (at their cost) from the pole to my house when I was having nothing but issues. Its free as long as the problem is outside your house. Prior to having them check the outside I ran new cable through out my house trying to eliminate my problems which would sometimes be fine unless it was raining or very windy.

Thing is, from what I've experienced, can't find a modem in a store that takes rca cable. Like I fought over this subject in radioshack. I was a noob, my modem went out. I decided exactly what you said. Screw being charged for renting their modem, I'll buy my own. Well, didn't realize the cable was actually a RCA cable. So took it back and "internet does not use rca cables, they use ethernet cords"... no shit? Lmfao. I personally have never seen anyone's home have a jack that you plug an ethernet cord into and goes into the modem. Everything I have seen has been an RCA. She finally threw a hissy fit and took it back, gave me my money lol. So had to call comcast and they replaced the modem/router combo for free.

So with your setup roscoe, how everyone (or majority) say to go buy your own... not sure if you need an RCA input modem or if you have an ethernet jack. If you have an RCA cable, no idea where you can find a modem for that. But they should replace the modem for free, whether you go to their office or they come to you.

Sheena = pedobear

Thing is, from what I've experienced, can't find a modem in a store that takes rca cable. Like I fought over this subject in radioshack. I was a noob, my modem went out. I decided exactly what you said. Screw being charged for renting their modem, I'll buy my own. Well, didn't realize the cable was actually a RCA cable. So took it back and "internet does not use rca cables, they use ethernet cords"... no shit? Lmfao. I personally have never seen anyone's home have a jack that you plug an ethernet cord into and goes into the modem. Everything I have seen has been an RCA. She finally threw a hissy fit and took it back, gave me my money lol. So had to call comcast and they replaced the modem/router combo for free.

So with your setup roscoe, how everyone (or majority) say to go buy your own... not sure if you need an RCA input modem or if you have an ethernet jack. If you have an RCA cable, no idea where you can find a modem for that. But they should replace the modem for free, whether you go to their office or they come to you.

I've never heard of RCA's for internet usage (unless thats who made the part). I think you mean coaxial.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

I never realized the modem can affect the Wifi speeds, I'll have to check what speeds my parents computer is getting hardwired versus my laptop on wifi. We have this modem from them, its been working fine but would like to get better speeds if a better Motorola would allow that:

41n8Y3ChxZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived