Second Skin Audio

$2,000 sub???

revoracing247

The exact same way people can't understand why we spend money on audio equipment, ladies spend hundred of dollars on a bag, or people collect stamps, if its not your scene, you don't understand the cost or value and probably never will

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I mean, the Veyron is $1-$2 million. It just has the nicest shit ever in it. Same applies to this sub I'd say.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

i guess i don't value SQ as much as i thought i did then :P though i do kind of like the multiple magnet design. looks...different.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Actually a fantastic sub.

I really like it.

yeah but does it justify the price tag?

I think that the Focal´s are imported from Europe, Focal comes from France. Here in Europe the prices for caraudio (other things as well) are normaly arround

2.5 times higher than in the US. And you don´t searched for the best offer, second try and i found him 300 $ cheaper http://www.woofersetc.com/p-4945-46kx4-focal-18-2000-watt-k2-power-subwoofer.aspx. This is the normal price here over in Europe http://www.ebay.de/itm/Focal-46-KX4-K2Power-Subwoofer-Chassis-46-cm-/360496343553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item53ef41aa01 999 € are in the moment 1300 $ and if you add shipping over the pond, than you get this price.

In opposit to those prices a 18 lvl 4 XL cost´s in Europe 850 $.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

It may be 2k, but it's out of stock. That to me says it's a nice sub if you're into sq.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

It's not even the most expensive line which is the Utopia line:

Couldn't insert the link from the official site so here's the link

http://www.focal.com/en/car-audio-sound/caissons-basse/subwoofers/utopia-be-33-wx.php

I believe these speakers were made for home hifi (JM Lab uses them). i'm not sure if there are any differences between the home range and the car range. I believe there should be though. A car is mostly a moist environment. My 6,5 Utopia midbas woofers'chrome backplates were corroding after 1.5 years in the car. Not what I'm expecting from a speaker in that price range.

The sound was pretty good, but I was expecting that :D

Woofer: 12" Phase Linear Aliante Limited

Mids & highs: DLS Ultimate 5 1/4"

Amp: Audison VRX 6.420

HU: Sony CDX-C90R

Archived