I'm gonna start with the pain in the A** of heat wrapping my headers and getting that over with. This weekend.

I wouldn't waste the time on that. Pointless really. It's not a 78 Fiat, it's a 2005 Tahoe. Either ceramic coat the headers or leave them be. Ever seen header wrap catch fire? I have.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

i wouldnt bother with it. a turbo or supercharger will do more for you and wont harm a stock engine

a supercharger would make more sense. At least you have power across the board instead of taking a slow car (im not dissing, i have one lol) and mashing FULL THROTTLE on the gas and taching it out with all it has just to get a little bit of extra speed. You have to be WIDE OPEN to use NOS where a supercharger you are using it at all RPM's. I would like to SC my Tahoe but i don't think i can find a belt long enough since i am already on 4 alternators. :D

Hahaha I'd like I see what your Tahoe dynos with 4 alts unless it doesn't require much to turn it.

You'd make more usable power with a turbo to the OP, if you have a heavy vehicle turbo lag is reduced because the amount of load is already on your drivetrain when you hit the gas PLUS it doesn't require another pulley to turn which robs power in the first place.

150.1 @ 38hz142.3 @ 20hz (windows down)Only 2 batteries

i wouldnt bother with it. a turbo or supercharger will do more for you and wont harm a stock engine

a supercharger would make more sense. At least you have power across the board instead of taking a slow car (im not dissing, i have one lol) and mashing FULL THROTTLE on the gas and taching it out with all it has just to get a little bit of extra speed. You have to be WIDE OPEN to use NOS where a supercharger you are using it at all RPM's. I would like to SC my Tahoe but i don't think i can find a belt long enough since i am already on 4 alternators. :D

Hahaha I'd like I see what your Tahoe dynos with 4 alts unless it doesn't require much to turn it.

You'd make more usable power with a turbo to the OP, if you have a heavy vehicle turbo lag is reduced because the amount of load is already on your drivetrain when you hit the gas PLUS it doesn't require another pulley to turn which robs power in the first place.

I am going to have to TOTALLY disagree... There is NO lag with a Supercharger... Soon as you start your vehicle you are ready to roll... Im not advising getting heavy throttle with a cold block BUT if your heart so desired to do so the S/C would be at your disposal... I used to drive a supercharged vehicle ;)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

• 3 weeks later...

Does your Tahoe have a return-style fuel system? Is there a way to adjust the base timing of the motor? (Im not familiar with how GM does that). Mileage on the motor now doesn't mean anything. Have you done a compression check, or a leakdown? You'll need to change the plugs too. 50 hp would be....what, a 20-25% increase? Thats pretty significant to just throw on there for giggles without much planning. Without a doubt you CAN do it, but theres more to it than just getting the kit and installing it.

i know, its not the engine im worried about, it can handle it, the tranny cant.and its like a 15% increase. And yes plugs are getting swapped and new MSD spark lines will be goin in. and yes milage on the motor does mean something. and yes with gm you can change the timing, its a bit more diff. Obviously i would have to re tune after i put it in. This whole thing is getting blown way off topic.

Archived